Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sunday Update - Week 25

Almost halfway through the year.  Ugh.  Not sure what happened to the first half.  It friggin' flew by.  And here we are again at the beginning of another month.  Here's what happened the last week of June...

I didn't do any writing again.  I figured it was so close to my edits coming back that why bother?  Yeah, I was rationalizing there.  I did get an idea for the next SCIU book, but I'm not ready to write it.

I got my edits back for Sleeping Ugly last night.  So much pink.  I set it aside and I'll start dealing with it today.  I've set a deadline for having it back to AWE no later than the 18th.  (As long as I can deal with all that pink in that timeframe.)  Perhaps once I get SU closer to publication, I'll be able to sit down and work on UatB,

I was reading a lot last week.  Four books read, two put down without finishing.  Three are in the Wrap Up and one I finished last night, so it'll be in next week's post.

In marketing news, I booked an ad for Project Hermes with Bargain Booksy.  It's due out on Wednesday, cuz, ya know, Independence Day is the perfect day to advertise a political thriller, right?  Well, maybe not.  I'll let you know next Sunday.  And it's not a 'sale' ad.  I'm leaving it at $2.99 and seeing what happens.  :fingers crossed:

Most of the week was spent hiding from the abysmal heat we're having here.  Thank all the little gods for AC.

Speaking of the heat, it's making my commitment to activity a little harder.  I only did 5 days out of 7 last week.  Mainly because if I don't get active first thing in the morning, I'm screwed for the rest of the day because it's too damn hot. I did get down to 189.0 last week, so it wasn't a total loss.  That's 5.4lbs since I bought the new scale and about 8lbs down for the year.  (I think.  I wasn't keep track as diligently as I am now, but it seems like I was at 189 on the old scale, which was 8 pounds off.)

And that's it for me.  Did I miss anything?  How'd things go for you last week?

2 comments:

  1. I finished first round edits. I got a book cover. It rained. The week fled. It can't be July yet!?!?!?! *flail*

    I listened to books when doing other things. They are all re-listens so nothing new.

    My life is totally boring. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't be July yet! It can't, it can't...

    Man, the year is going by toooooo fast.

    I'm dragging myself out of a reading binge. Slowly. But I did get a few pages written. Not as much as I'd like, but some. Now I'm getting up the gumption to face this week.

    ReplyDelete