It was a big reading week for me last week. Here's what happened:
45) Off Leash (Freelance Familiars #1) by Daniel Potter and Marianne Fox (7/13/18) - Paranormal* - 5 stars. New to me, but not underappreciated. Thank goodness.
Strange. Fun. And totally awesome. I really enjoyed reading this story.
Full of twists and snark and humor, but not total fluff. I picked this
up as a free deal the other day, but I'm buying the next one. I'm
Note: The next books are $4.99 each. I'm not quite budgeted to shell out $5 or $10 for books right now. I'll wait and see if the price drops any time soon. If not, maybe I'll buy them next month.
44) Die Like a Dog by Brett Halliday (7/11/18) - Hard-boiled Crime - 5 stars. Not new to me or anywhere else. Doesn't have a lot of reviews on Goodreads, but it was published in 1960, so I'm not surprised.
I do love hard-boiled crime novels! This one doesn't disappoint. Mike
Shayne solves the case, saves the girl, and catches the bad
guys. Without angst or apology. So good."
43) Murder on Tyneside by Eileen Thornton (7/10/18) - Mystery* - 4 stars. New to me, but not really underappreciated as I see it. No review. Not a bad book, but it didn't excite me enough to review it.
42) Night Fall by Silver James (7/9/18) - Paranormal Romance* - 5 stars. Definitely not new to me and could be way more appreciated.
it this morning and was finished by lunch. I couldn't put it down. So
good. And I couldn't believe it when Shy did that to Digger, and they
didn't kill her. OMG. So not expecting that. But it all works out in the
Warning, though, there are some super spicy bits and
some cringe-worthy language, but hey, these guys are bikers. And they're
Wolves. If you're looking for nice and fluffy, this ain't it."
41) Jade Star by Cedar Sanderson (7/8/18) - SF novella* - 5 stars. Not new to me, and kind of underappreciated.
little novella. I loved Jade so much. So much awesome packed into such a
small story. Now I need to go find the series this is Book 0 of.
And no, I am no relation to Ms. Sanderson."
40) The Unknown Twin by Kathryn Shay (7/8/18) - Romance - 4 stars. New to me, but not underappreciated. No review. Not a bad book, but it didn't excite me enough to review it.
39) Magic's Child by DJ Salisbury (7/7/18) - Fantasy - 5 stars. Not new to me, but still seriously underappreciated.
end to a most excellent series. All the feels were there - happy, sad,
excited, thrilled, angry, surprised - and Ms. Salisbury tied it all up
into a mostly happy ending. (No spoilers. I hate spoilers. But wait'll
you see who the Mindbender is. Shocker. Totally.) I've got the first
book of the next series waiting for me on my Kindle, but I'm going to
have to wait for the feelings to die down a bit before I jump into that
I finished my round of edits for Sleeping Ugly last night and wasn't prepared to dive back in for another pass then, so I started Term Limits by Vince Flynn. So far, so good.
What about you? Any new books to talk about?