Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 52

First off, Happy New Year!

I was going to make this a 'Year in Review' post, but since nothing really major happened in 2016, and I have a bad memory which would mean going back through a year's worth of posts, this is just going to be about the last week of the year.

I'm now almost halfway through on this initial edit notes pass for Natural Causes.  (Yeah, I know.  I said I wanted to have this done by the end of the year, but my gumption went south.  Maybe by the end of the first week of 2017.)  I'm not finding anything that's making me want to throw the Kindle, so that's good.  I did find an additional body I forgot about.  I either need to delete him or weave him back into the rest of the story.  But for the most part, no big plot holes.

I didn't read anything last week.

I didn't get any further in working on Early Grave.

Fishing was a skunk fest.

Christmas was a nice way to start the week.  We're still eating ham.  I might freeze the rest for later use.  I already froze the bones and some chunky bits for making soup.  It hasn't really been cold enough to want to spend all day making ham n bean soup, though.  There's still one piece of cake left.  That's for Hubs to eat today.

I did make a huge pot of chili yesterday.  Got it all into the slow cooker in the morning.  In the afternoon, I went fishing and by the time I got home, it was ready to eat.  Awesome.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice Christmas cards.  They're arranged around the base of my Christmas tree.  I even got some after Christmas, which was cool.  =o)

And that's it for me.  Anything you'd like to share about the last week of the year? 

(For the record, I woke up at 2:52am this morning.  I guess I subconsciously wanted to start the new year early.  Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.)

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Sorry I've been quiet lately. I'm waiting for the sale of my flat to go through - solicitors! Hopefully that will happen in the next couple of weeks, so I'm applying for jobs in my new area and training my replacement at work. This is trickier than usual as I've been in that job for 19.5 years!

    I'm now organizing packing and decluttering etc so I'll be ready when the solicitors give me a move date. Roll on 2017 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bout of insomnia too. Must be something in the air.

    I'm glad 2016 is done and I'm looking at all the possibilities 2017 might bring!

    Happy 2017, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After we finally got over the flu in December, things got brighter by Christmas.

    Lots of food, friends, and dogs.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    Oops on the spare body. I hope you can use it.

    I'm spending the weekend with allergies or a cold. Voting for the allergies! ;-)

    ReplyDelete