Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 1

The first week of 2017 is in the books now.  I never did a wrap up for 2016, so don't go looking for it.  Let's just move on to the now, shall we?  (Not that 2016 was particularly bad or good or whatever.)

Anyway, here's last week in a nutshell...

I have a new keyboard that is driving me bonkers.

Other than that, I finished the first edit pass on Natural Causes.  I have almost 14 pages of notes to input that include re-writing the entire ending because it's lame.  Not sure how long that will take.  I plan on starting that today.

I started reading again.  One book down for the year.  69 more to go.  And I got back into Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brien - which I had started in December, but when I hit a boring part, I stalled.  I'm past that and it's really holding my interest now.  Silly me had forgotten that I do not have to read every word of every book.  Flipping past the dry parts, especially in historical novels is totally acceptable.  (Otherwise, I would never make it through a Hugo novel and that would be a damn shame.)

I also started back on my resolution from last year with a whole new drive and some additional clarity.  Average one book by one new-to-me, under-read author a month.  My first book this month fit the bill, so I'm good.

I haven't left the house in days.  It's been too freakin' cold.  I may have to hit the Wallyworld today or tomorrow, though.

Since I haven't left the house, I obviously haven't been fishing.

What did your first week look like?

2 comments:

  1. Busy. I'm reading/listening in-between times. Writing new words--end-of-month deadline. Have one last editing pass to do on the book releasing mid-month. We had snow. Lots of it. And frigid temps. I've been out in it but I don't have hills, or can avoid them. LOL I'm ready for a warm-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cold here, too, and I caught a cold on new year's eve. A lot of sleeping, some reading this last week. But I broke down and went to the doctor on Friday, shot in the butt, three horse pills. I'm starting to feel slightly human again.

    Soooo glad we don't have snow!

    ReplyDelete