Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday Update - Week... ???

I could go look up the week #, but I'm too lazy.  And that's been the soup of the day since last I was here - instead of busy busy like I said, I was lazy lazy.  I stepped away from pretty much everything writerly and online-ish, and it felt GOOOOD.   But yeah, I should probably get back to some form of productivity.  Man can only sit for so long before she atrophies, ya know?

So, I am back working on Bloodflow again.  I realized that somewhere between the first draft and the current draft, I overworked the first chapter to the point where it didn't sound like me anymore.  Yesterday, I went back to every draft that had any noticeable changes to that chapter and I printed the sucker out.  Now I'm going through them all line by line and figuring out what worked and what didn't.  Last night I started cobbling it back together.  Since I'm doing this by writing longhand in my trusty notebook, I couldn't begin to tell you how far I am, but it's something.

When I took a break from writing, I also took a break from reading.  Not intentionally.  I just didn't feel like picking up a book.  That's okay, though, because I'm still 5 books ahead of my goal to read 100 this year.  It's also okay because it helped wipe the slate clean so I can focus on Bloodflow without having other writers all up in my head.

And we both took a break from working on the house.  Hubs needed that more than I did.  But we're both feeling refreshed now.  This week, the new utility sink will arrive for the garage bathroom and he can finally finish the plumbing project.  Then we'll be working on sanding the orange off and finishing the foundation sealing we started last year.  After that, we'll be able to complete the pea gravel project and start the south garden bed.  :collapse:  I'm tired again just thinking about it.  And he's already talking about next year's projects.  ;o)

So, what's been up in your world's while I was off being lazy?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not at...107 books on the year? Upped my challenge to 150. I have 4 MC books outlined, at least in my head, because the characters won't leave me alone. I'm just over 46K on the current WIP. With the grace of the writing gods and Iffy, I'll write THE END on the first draft and then I'll go back and clean up that big ol' mess of words to make sure there's enough happy emotion because right now? There's just a whole lot of seething anger. Ouch. Not so good for a category romance. I'll fix it though. :)

    Glad to have you back on-line. Missed you, but totally understand about the need to just set everything down and back away for awhile. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being lazy is okay. Heck, I'm that way all the time!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need a break to rethink and recharge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having a break from sewing and reading more. I blasted through about 10 books in two weeks, all of which I really enjoyed. After seeing your list, I started one of my own and I'm amazed at how many I've read & re-read this year so far. Flabbergasted even! Anyway yesterday I got back to sewing - a quilt which is a christening present and needed to be finished. The break has enthused me and I've got lots of ideas for new projects buzzing around in my head - hopefully not as exhausting as yours though.

    ReplyDelete