Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Update - Week 22

Wow, I just realized a whole week went by.  WTF?  How can it be Sunday again? Needless to say, the past week was a blur.  I know it rained a lot.  I know I wrote a lot.  The rest?  A blur.

Anyway, onward to the rehash...

I wrote 14663 words last week, bringing my month total to 44465, which means I reached my goal of 44K in the month of May.  :muppetflail:  It also brings Djinn3 up to a total count of 53137.  I expect another 10-15 words should wrap this first draft up.  (I always flesh out during edits, so don't worry about the low total.)  The new goal is to have that done by mid-June.  Easy peasy.  :crosses fingers:

In reading news, I finished my 50th book of the year.  That puts me at 50% of my goal for the year a month early.  I thought about upping the goal, but who knows what the summer will bring.  :shrug:  I did read three of those books in the past week, and I'm about 30% through another one.  Not sure if I'll finish this one, though.  It's interesting enough, but it's dragging in a major way.

Like I said, it rained a lot last week.  I think we got a couple inches total.  Which left me inside reading and writing, but not much else.  The next home project finally has all its supplies, but we can't start that until we get a dry day or two.  Laying out a 20'x100' piece of plastic sheeting on wet grass is not a good idea - especially when the purpose of said sheeting is to prevent moisture in the crawl space. 

Since the project had to be put on hold, we both felt un-gimpy enough to go for a walk yesterday.  First time walking the loop* in over a month.  And I didn't die.  So I got that going for me.

In other news, Tickmageddon was only partially effective.  We're still getting ticks - just fewer of them.  Unfortunately, as the ticks die, the poison ivy is thriving.  (Not causal, just coincidental.) 

How did things go in your world last week?

*The loop is a 1.25 mile walk around the hill that makes up our neighborhood.  It's like this... down, up, up up up, upup, flat, doowwnn, flat, down down, flat, down, flat, doown, up up up up, uuuuup.  That last up is a killer but it's the only way to get home.  :shrug:  (Not that there haven't been times I thought about waiting at the bottom while Hubs gets the car.  LOL)


12 comments:

  1. So, tackling the route the other way would still result in an up at the end - yikes! Sounds like you had a good week - sometimes, during the summer, I am thankful for rain days (letting me stay in and read or write or just not work outside)!!

    Huge congrats on the 44+K words! Yay, you!! Now, middle of June for the fleshing out, reworking, first draft done - you've set the goal, we'll be making sure you stick with it!

    Busy week here with work - weekend spent trying to get the plants planted (finally, finally have a couple of nice days - baskets/planters done yesterday - today will be the perennials and then my gardening for the summer is over :) And we took a trip into the big city on Friday so The Husband could order glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's uphill both ways, baby. We've learned one way is easier than the other - even if that last hill is a doozy.

      Thanks! But no fleshing out or reworking until after the draft is done. This will be the dirtiest of dirty drafts, but it'll be done.

      Sorry you have a busy week ahead. :hugs: I hope all your planting got done. I bet it'll look awesome. Bet the Hubs looks awesome, too, with his new specs. =o)

      Delete
  2. Yay! to 44K. That's awesome!!! I've never written that much in a month. Of course, I haven't TRIED, either.

    My week was spent coughing and sneezing and... well, you know. Other than that, I was happy to finally get my edits done and send them on to my editor. I'm still coughing and sneezing, but at least I don't have that project to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy! I bet you could do it if you set your mind to it, but if you don't have to, it's probably better. I needed this to jump start my lazy butt. LOL

      Oh no. I had hope your congestion crap was gone by now. :hugs: At least your edits are done, so you've got that out of the way. Now, go drink something hot and feel better soon.

      Delete
  3. Have you considered reversing the route so the last bit is only up, down, down, down, down, downdown?

    Congrats on the word count, the reading, and the getting to the projects. Ugh on the ticks and poison ivy. I'd suggest kerosene on the poison ivy but it pretty much kills the earth under it for a couple of years. :( Ticks, I got nuthin' but meds for the critters and repellant for the peoples.

    I....procrastinated. I did get a new vacuum and finally got some housework done. I wrote some words on two projects but not enough, and I gave my CPs current WIP a hard edit. It's getting close to publication so I'm being all mean and stuff. I feel bad because she always takes a few days to recover when I am but better me than random reader, right?

    Okay. Getting off the net now to work. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have tried the other way - when we're feeling frisky. Ya know, you'd think it would be better, but for some reason, that up over there is way worse overall than the steep up right here by the house. At least at the end of this up, I can go into the house and collapse. With the other way, I still have about a third of the way home still left to walk.

    Someone told me kerosene for the ticks, too. He said, soak a rope in kerosene and hang it from the trees where the deer can rub against it - and that'll take care of ticks on them. But all I can picture is some deer on fire running through the forest. ;o)

    Procrastination is a killer, but hey, the house gets cleaned that way! Good work on at least getting some words out. You'll do more tomorrow. (YOU WILL. DO MORE. TOMORROW.) :whipcrack:

    Oh man, she's a braver woman than I actually asking for a mean review. But yeah, better a friend than a total stranger. At least you're trying to help her improve - not just being mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE congratulations, hun! I am so proud of you. You're inspiring =) I hope to finish AHR this month, but I've been saying that for a while, LOL! At least I'm revising now too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nat! Your process is a whole different animal. You'll get AHR finished and then it'll be ready to go in no time. =o)

      Delete
  6. Wow, you did a lot of writing! And walking! I'm lucky that all the roads around here are FLAT.

    Hey, I think you won my Goodreads giveaway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, i just wish writing burned calories the way walking does, Deb. And yes, I did win. I got the notification from Goodreads this morning, I think. Thanks. I can't wait to read your book. =o)

      Delete
    2. How I wish writing burned that many calories!!!

      Yay for your win! I hope you like it, but I also hope you'll give it an honest review, even if you hate it. It'll head out in the mail in the morning. :-)

      Delete