1) Waking up and not being able to make coffee - either because the machine died, or you forgot to buy grounds, or because there's a power outage. Who needs a zombie apocalypse outside, because there's about to be one in the house.
2) Facing NaNoWriMo after being totally stuck for a month. You think facing Dracula is bad? He only drains your blood. This might just drain your will to live.
5) Forgetting to put the garbage out to the road on garbage day. Or in my case, thinking we forgot just as I heard the truck pulling up the hill toward our house. Talk about running through the house like Michael Myers was chasing me.
6) Waking up feeling like some kind of insect just crawled across your face, so you jump out of bed and flip on the light. But you can't find it to kill it. Try going back to sleep then.
7) Your kid just moves into a new place - complete with the Holy Grail of wifi - but then you don't see her online for days so you FB message her just in case she's online when you're not looking. She doesn't reply. You email her to no avail. You try to call her, but she doesn't answer her phone. And because you're a writer, and a true-crime show junkie, you start imagining all the things her new roommates might've done to her...*
8) A new book comes out that you've been waiting forever for, but you don't have any money in your book budget.
9) It's Halloween and you ate all the candy meant for trick-or-treaters.
10) Praying Mantises - because they just creep me out, man.
12) Typing up a list and realizing you forgot #3**.
13) You write what you think is a really funny blog post and no one comments. ;o)
Happy Halloween, Everyone! May none of the really very super scary things happen to you any time soon.
*The Kid had been hanging out at a friend's house where she wasn't online at all and forgot to take her cell phone with her. She had a great time and I had several panic attacks.
** Made ya look.
(Most of the above totally hasn't happened to me recently. And no worries... the coffee is coursing through my veins even as I type this. Because a B.E. without coffee is a truly frightening experience.)