Friday, August 30, 2013

Movie Quotes

Let's see if you can guess these...

1) "Live and direct from the First National Bank building... It's Blind Terry Doolittle!"

2) " I tell you one thing that really drives me nuts, is people who think that Jethro Tull is just a person in a band"

3) "That's not fair!"  "Fairs are for tourists, kid."

4)  A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.

5)  "Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end."

6)  "Oh no, madam. Oh no. You... most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you."

7)  "My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on."

7 comments:

  1. Drawing a blank here - hope you're going to give the answers at some point in time!

    #4 - Big Fish????

    Whatever happened to the easy quotes, like: "As you wish."? Or: "That's not a knife." Or: "Where'd you get the coconuts?"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, these are really obscure or I don't watch enough movies and pay attention. LOL I'm going to take a stab at two of them. I'm guessing #5 is from THE PRINCESS BRIDE and #7 is from FOREST GUMP. Now I'm off to Google the rest of them because inquiring (and procrastinating) minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrible at quotes and can't identify any. ((slinks away to hide in corner))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit, I cheated a little and used IMDB's quote section for some of these - but they're from some of my favorite movies.

    1) Jumpin' Jack Flash (that one I remembered on my own)

    2) Armageddon

    3) Disney's Oliver (remember that one, too)

    4) Big Fish

    5) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (remembered)

    6) Overboard

    7) Forrest Gump

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3) Oops, Disney's OLIVER & CO. the animated movie with a cat as Oliver Twist and a dog as Dodger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crap, I was going to guess, but then I saw all the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn. Sorry, Alex. I guess I jumped the gun. Did you have any good guesses before you saw the answers?

    ReplyDelete