Last night, I finished the rewrite I've been killing myself over for the past 6 weeks. Those of you who asked to read it back in July should have a copy in your inbox. If you don't have it and you should, or you decided now that you really do want to read it, let me know either in comments or via email.
It topped out at just over 98K. I started the rewrite on May 22nd at a really really slow pace. It took me a month to write the first 20K words. The last 78K took from 6/25 to 8/7. 6 weeks, seventy-eight thousand words, ten puffy fingers and two ouchy wrists later and it's done.
And now for an action shot of Mittens the Bobcat...
That was her scampering away into the woods on the day we first sighted her.