Thursday, January 20, 2011

Change Changing Places

Okay, I'm trying to make some changes this year.  Not resolutions, per se, but things to make my life better or easier.  For instance, I've loaded all my favorite blogs into the Reading List portion of my Blogger Dashboard.  It's my attempt at streamlining my mornings, so I'm only reading the new posts and commenting on the ones that catch me.

Unfortunately, I'm still working out the kinks - like remembering where I commented, so I can go back and check out replies to my comments.  (I know there's something somewhere I can click to send follow up emails to my inbox, but I'm not there yet.)  So, if you said something really pertinent back to me and I didn't come back, I apologize.  My blog followings are a work in progress.

Another change I've been trying to make is being more active on Facebook.  So far so... well, eh.  I'm trying to connect.  I'm trying to network in a social way.  Be patient with me.  I'm still working out what to say so I don't come off as totally boring, self-possessed or irritating.  I'd hate that.  So, if you're a regular visitor - even if you don't comment - and you haven't already friended me on Facebook, I added a widget to the sidebar over there on the right to make it easy for them what wants to. 

And I recognize that not everyone will want to.  Lord knows, I've had to refuse a few requests and unfriend a couple people over the years myself.  I don't want to be that person everyone unfriends, and I don't want to be the chick everyone refuses.  But I understand when it happens.  You can't really be friends with everyone.  That would be too weird.

Next up, I'm trying to find a way to write every day and still do the other things I need or like to do.  You know, things like laundry (oh crap was it wednesday???  i totally forgot the laundry... again), cat bonding, grocery shopping, crocheting, reading, enjoying my family.  I'm not getting as many words in, but I'm trying.

Oh, and I'm trying to get back to some semblance of my diet.  I gained 6 lbs over the holidays, so I'm about 20 away from my goal now.  Bleh.

Why do I keep hearing Yoda in the back of my head?  "Do or do not.  There is no try."

Anyway, there are changes going on in the background.  Here's hoping they all work out for the best. 

Are you changing anything in your life this year?  Looking forward to it or dreading it?

5 comments:

  1. You have everything thought out - half the battle, I think! If you know what you want, then opportunites and your subconcious will assist. I'm finding that with my goal of CHANGE this year, B.E. - already feeling so much more confident and comfortable in my quest.

    When you leave a comment - there's either a box that says "E-mail follow-up comments to (and your e-mail)" that you can 'check' before 'publishing your comment' - like on your blog. Or, like on mine, there's a line at the bottom next to 'Publish comment', 'Preview' - that says 'Subscribe by e-mail' - click that before you hit 'publish'. That way you get all the comments after yours coming to your inbox.

    And when I sign on to Facebook, I'll 'friend' you :)

    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janet. I've seen those little boxes. I just forget to check them. I need to get into that habit. I look forward to your friend request. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diets stink! I want to go back to the time when men loved women with a TON of meat on the bones--and painted them!

    I'm very active on facebook but am not ready to have my private life and writer life merge as of yet.

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your efforts! All do-able. I always forget to check that little follow up box. Never know when I get replies if they don't come to my email. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to write more (not including blogging).

    ReplyDelete