Monday, August 2, 2010

Max - An Update

Today Max got the wires removed from his jaw, and OMG, his tongue works again!  I was so happy I almost cried.  I thought he'd never be able to use it again.  The doc even said he thought the tongue had nerve damage and probably would never be right. 

Okay, so it's not working perfectly, but considering that it never left his mouth - even to clean his paws - I'm counting this as a win.  He spent some quality time washing his paws when we got home, and then he washed his face.  Double win.  Of course, he still hasn't figured out how to drink water from a bowl with it, but he'll get it eventually.  After not using his tongue for at least a year and a half, he's got some re-learning to do.  Every little bit of progress is awesome.

If he ever licks my face, I'm definitely going to cry.

3 comments: