I think it was week 33, but what do I know? Anyway...
Last week was not the best week by any stretch of the imagination, but it also wasn't my worst week, so what the hell am I bitching about?
I only wrote 1629 words last week. Again, better than nothing. Things happened. I fell down a blackhole of not feeling good about myself. And, as you can see from the last sentence, I'm having word-finding difficulties, which makes writing not good. Also, I got it in my head that a couple of characters need name changes, and I got stuck on that hamster wheel. (It's still spinning like the hamster is mainlining Red Bull.)
Marketing was depressing. I moved 12 copies of SSS. I did wake up this morning to two overnight sales - DE and WIOH - but that only gets me 70c profit. "I'm rich! I'm rich! I'm a wealthy miser!" But seriously... Not sure what I'm going to do for the coming week. Something. Nothing? :shrug:
I thought about reading this week, but right now, I'm afraid if I pick up a book to read, I'll be less likely to want to write.
As for activity, I watered the plants 3 times, exercised twice, and spent some time reorganizing the spare room. Let's not talk about weight. I'm fat. It's affecting my joints which lessens my gumption to exercise, which makes me hurt more, which makes me... It's a vicious cycle. The short invective is I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT. :mumbles:lazyfatfuckgetoffyourass
Speaking of being fat, baking happened. I did a batch of OCC cookies, but being lazy, I turned them into bar cookies. They turned out okay. Then Friday, I made pizza. Also last week, I did a vat of BBQ pulled pork that turned out pretty yummy.
In case you missed it, Lumpy died. Hubs found her under the sunporch first thing in the morning, so we assume she died in her sleep overnight. He moved her body into the woods using our firewood sled, so nature could run its course. Nature is, of course, a bitch. Trying to keep a more positive perspective, Lumpy's genes now run through the majority of this herd, which strengthens it and makes it better. In this way, Lumpy will live forever. Her daughter, Sissy, is now one of the leaders of the herd, and Sissy's twin, Sonny, is one of the leading bucks. Sissy's son, Scout, is the new buck on the scene, and will be breeding next year along with his wingman, and probable cousin, Ranger.
In garden news, I had moved some plants out of the greenhouse and the garage to give them more sun and fresher air. They were doing fine. Then something started eating my redbud trees and digging in my carrots. I put the trailcam out, and it was a fucking squirrel. The redbuds are back in the garage.
The rest of the garden is okay. It's been too hot for flowering or fruiting, but there's hope that once the temps drop, I'll start seeing peppers and tomatoes. The heat killed my last potato, though. And, like I implied, the carrots are pretty much toast. Here's hoping next year will be better.
Okay, I think that's it. Life is life, and all that rot. Have a great day and an awesome week. I'll try to be more betterer this week so you have something positive next Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment