Thursday, October 17, 2024

Thursday This n That

 I've been a bad blogger this week.  I blame it on marketing.  By the time I get done marketing and calling Mom, I just plain forget that I was supposed to blog.  Oh, sure, I could do a blog post at night,  but I'm busy doing other things at night.  And yes, I would like some cheese with that whine.

Last night, Sawyer decided to sleep with us.  Awesome.  Not so awesome was the fact that he wanted to sleep against my legs.  18-20 pounds of cat pressed up against my lower legs did not do me any good and I woke up with my right leg all ouchy.  More whine?  Yes, please.

On a happier note, I'm reading a friend's new book and loving it.  It's not available for sale yet, and I'm supposed to be proofreading it, but it's so good I keep forgetting that I'm supposed to be looking for flaws, so I have to go back and re-read a lot.  Yay for good fiction. And I get to read it first, so neener neener boo boo. =op

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I've been into crossword puzzles lately.  I was doing the ones in the back of our local electric company's monthly magazine, but I've gone through all of my back issues.  I broke down and bought a book of crossword puzzles.  They're marketed as fun and easy.  Easy?  Yes.  And kinda fun.  I'd have more fun if they were more challenging, but I'll take what I can get.  They're mostly just to exercise the brain and entertain me while I'm smoking, so they're doing their job.  Yay.

Finn is circling my desk wanting attention... and there he is... jumped up on my desk and down into my lap.  Typing with a cat in your lap is not the easily thing to do.  And he is getting in my face because I'm not paying attention to him.  Cat doesn't understand that I have typing to do.  LOL

On that note, I'll call this good and shower my kitty with the attention he so richly deserves.  Have a great day, everyone.  Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. Scritches to Finn and Sawyer. I can't believe the Boyz are such chonks!

    Back when we got a physical copy of the newspaper, I would start my morning at the kitchen table with coffee, the crossword, and reruns of Buffy on the TV we had in the kitchen at the time. I miss them and doing the ones on line is too much trouble.

    Glad you are enjoying the story. I hope that continues!

    I got my blogs set up toward the first of the week. I knew I'd get distracted and forget to do them.

    Pete is learning not to sleep on my left side. That's the side of the bed I get up on in the middle of the night. He sleeps in the precise spot where I sit to put my legs over the edge. His figured out if he sleeps on my right side, he can sleep undisturbed. LOL Cats.

    Not much else going on around here. I spend some time in the rabbit hole that is Deposit Photos looking for pics for the graphics I want to do. I've got a great line and need a pic of a poker table with men in a smoky room. I've gotten close but there are like a million pics. No, seriously. Anyway... Maybe I should look for sexy couples. LOL

    TGIF tomorrow! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete