Friday, July 30, 2021

This n That on a Friday

Okay, so I forgot to post yesterday, so here's the This n That, but on a Friday.  

I've been up since 4 and I'm only just now beginning to be awake enough to be human.  Thank goodness for coffee.

Hubs has been up since 3.  Right after I got up, he started the laundry.  Friday is sheets and towels day.  He just threw the sheets in the dryer and now he's collecting all the towels.  Get 'er done.

Shout out to Suni Lee who stepped up in the gymnastics and is kicking ass.  (No, I don't want to talk about why she needed to step up.  I'm just glad she did.)

To all the Olympic athletes... don't bite your medal.  It's crass.

Speaking of which, anyone else notice they not showing the medal ceremonies this year.   I thought I was missing them because they were showing them late, but then I saw gals wearing their medals after the competition and no ceremony.  I guess I could Duck-duck it, but I don't really want to know the reason because it will probably piss me off.

Editing is going slow.  It seems like every other paragraph needs some kind of tweak.  Blerg.

Halfway through a cigarette just now, it tasted like goat butt.  I hate when that happens.  Gag.  Luckily, it only happens like twice a year.  And since I smoke a pack a day and there are 20 cigs in a pack... well, it's too early to math, but you get the idea.  Every rare once in a while a cig tastes like pot.  Makes me wonder.  I have to put those out, too.  Pot makes me barf in a most spectacular way.

I both get why people do drugs and don't get why people do drugs.  They want to lose control and blank out.  I hate that feeling.  Which is why I quit drinking in addition to not doing drugs.  If you're trying to escape reality because you think it sucks, it's still going to suck when you sober up.  I guess that whole 'escape reality' thing is also why people are in such a rush to try and warp reality.  Doesn't work, but they still try.  It'll still be there whether they try and change their view of it.  :shrug:  

It's been HOT here.  Like 97 yesterday with a hear index of 105.  Gah.  And as I was laying in bed last night I realized I forgot to water the garden yesterday.  Here's hoping that once the sun comes up this morning I still have a garden and my one tiny tomato didn't wither up and drop off.  

Thank goodness for the exercise bike or I'd spend all day sitting on my ass in the AC.  I'm up to 42 miles.  Which is more than I walked all this year so far.  So much for hitting 100 miles walking this year.

Okay, that's more than enough out of me today.  What's up in your world?

2 comments:

  1. They aren't showing the medal ceremonies because there isn't really a "ceremony" involved. The athletes pick up their own medals, put them on, and if there are flowers, they grab a bouquet as they walk by. It's the Covid thing. NBC decided because there was no "pomp and circumstance" they'd use the air time for sports. I guess. Anyway...

    There was week. I guess stuff happened.

    I wrote a little, not much.

    I reread DOUBLE TROUBLE. Surprised myself but I also found the scene I needed for the current book, so if I get stuck, I can rewrite the scene from the Irish POV. A new character did introduce herself, as you know from my Wedneday words.

    I listened to two awesome Darynda Jones books--first book in her new series (relisten) and the new release. It was great fun and very fulfilling on plot. Now I have to wait a year for the next. Plus, when I looked for my next book, nothing said "LISTEN!" Maybe I'll get more writing done. 🤷🏼‍♀️

    The letters are already wearing off my new keyboard. Bummer.

    It's hot here to. Yay for AC, boo for the utility bills.

    That's the this for me. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you yesterday, but I just thought: "B.E. often doesn't post on Fridays." Blerg.

    I don't own a TV, so I haven't seen any of the Olympics, but Silver's explanation makes a lot of sense.

    I've never understood people who do drugs, or who drink too much. I'm a total control freak (of my own body, anyway) and can't stand the thought of the woozies. Getting drunk once cured me!

    We're having about the same weather. I went for a short walk this morning, then came home to water a few trees. Drippy, drippy, icky icky. I hate sweating!

    I scored the newest (I think) Patricia Briggs novel at the used-book store, and finished it last night. I love her coyote series!

    ReplyDelete