Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 37

Hello again.  Thirty seven weeks into what seems like the worst year of the past 50.  Bleh.  This week wasn't so bad, I guess, just unproductive.  

No writing again.  No reading either.  I did get some editing done, but only 22%.  I'd like to get the rest of it done today, if at all possible, so I can start inputting edit notes this week.  This will, of course, mean setting my ass down and working.  :whipcrack:

I managed to get in 6 active days this week.  Mostly walking.  Added up, I walked roughly 6.8 miles last week.  One of my active days was fishing, which wasn't really active in a calorie burning sense, but it got me out of the house and off my butt.  

This week, I bought eggs when I didn't need eggs, so I took the opportunity to make lemon squares.  (They require a lot of eggs.)  So full of lemony goodness.  Yum.  Recipe below.

I'm up to 2.9mil in poker chips.  Not that it matters.  It's more the illusion of productivity than actual productivity.

The weather here has taken a turn for the cooler.  Yay.  Maybe now I can do stuff outside without sweating like a pig.  (Yes, I know, pigs don't sweat.  It's a phrase.  Go with it.)  The flower beds need to be weeded somethin' awful.

 Other than that, nothing really wowzers going on in my life.  What's been up in yours?

Recipe:

Lemon Squares
 
Crust:
2 cups flour
1 cup butter (softened)
½ cup powdered sugar 
 
Filling: 
4 eggs 
2 cups sugar 
1 t. baking powder 
5 T. lemon juice

1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.      Cream together butter and powdered sugar until thoroughly mixed.  Stir in flour until mixture is crumbly.  Press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan.  Bake for 20 minutes.
3.      While crust is baking, beat together remaining ingredients until light and frothy.
4.      Remove pan from oven and, while still hot, pour filling onto crust. 
5.      Return pan to oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until filling is slightly browned.  (Do not overbake.)


2 comments:

  1. Yum!!! Those sound good. I sort of miss baking the sweets and stuff but with my weight and LG's diabetes... I feel guilty doing the peanut clusters but they aren't too bad sugar wise. And peanuts have protein. Anyways...

    There was a week. Got my revision edits in. Got my typesetting edits back late Thursday. I'll have them finished today and back to NYC. Lots of books listened to but mostly while doing errands or standing out in the yard with Boone because the crotchety old soul wants company. He gets it. New words that were random that I'll tuck away until I find them a home, a few new ones on NW. Got 10 days to finish that sucker. We'll see when I get done with the typesetting edits. And speaking of, Boone's beside my chair looking pitiful. At least it's cool outside. Yay fall!

    Have a great week! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those squares sound sooooo good! Hmm, it's almost cool enough to turn on the oven, and I have lots of rice, oat, and coconut flour... Oh, I'm out of eggs. But shopping (and flu shot) are to happen tomorrow. (How's that for a passive sentence? ;-)

    I got about as much done as last week -- not much. I need to go lasso my gumption and put it to work.

    ReplyDelete