Saturday, June 27, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 6/27/20

Hey All.  I'm still rolling right along on the reading goals.  In fact, I'm way ahead of my goal right now with 52 books read and 18 to go for the year.  I'll probably readjust my goal next month, depending on how the reading goes.

I didn't pick up any more new books this week.  With only 2 unread ebooks left, I'll probably do that sometime this weekend. 

Books Read:

52) The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (6/25/20) - Literature - 4 stars.  Neither new to me nor underappreciated.  It's a classic, duh.  I've had this book for probably 20 years.  Funny that I hadn't read it until now.
No review.

51) Steeped in Suspicion by Eryn Scott (6/20/20) - Cozy Supernatural Mystery*# - 5 stars.  New to me and while it has plenty of ratings, it has less than 50 reviews.  Free off the Book Doggy newsletter.
Review: "A nice little mystery with a supernatural twist and a thrilling climax. Definitely a fun read."

DNFs:

6/21/20 - Fantasy? - Free.  This was billed as a YA fantasy, but for the first like 10% the MC was an adult (although that's not clear until many pages in when he mentions his wife).  Then it switches to what amounts to backstory.  And there really wasn't anything fantasy-like to it.  More like an alternate history set after Roman times.  I got bored with it and wandered away.

Currently reading...  I'm almost through an urban fantasy.  It's pretty exciting with some romance and a good mystery going on in there.  I should finish it today.

Your turn.  What was on your reading to-done list this past week?

1 comment:

  1. Once again, a slow week for me. I only finished 2 books but I'm still a bit ahead of schedule on my GR challenge by 6 books.

    102 - Blackstone (Blackstone #1), Richard Falkirk, 3.5 stars. I liked this nostalgic read. I originally read it from the library 40-some years ago when it was new. Dandy little historical mystery about the Bow Street Runners. My dad and I both enjoyed it and when I saw it on KU, I grabbed it. Took me a loooong time to finish because I had to actually read it. Worth it though. It held up well enough. A fun book it you tumble across a copy.

    103 - The War Priest (Ars Numina #5), Ann Aguirre. 3.5 stars. I've enjoyed this series and looked forward to this particular character. This book seemed...slower and considering everything that was at stake? Yeah...I was hoping for more but still enjoyed it.

    Currently listening to JD Robb's Reunion in Death. This is a multiple reread/relisten book and I'm back on my "comfort" read of the series. These books never let me down.

    Off to mop floors at the Post and then a nap and maybe some listening time this afternoon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete