Saturday, June 20, 2020

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 6/20/20

Is it Saturday again already??  Sheesh.

No new books of any kind this week.  I still have four unread and one I'm currently reading out of the ebooks I had already downloaded.  And, of course, I have scads of hardcopies to read.

Books Read:

50) Modern Sorcery by Gary Jonas (6/17/20) - UF* - 5 stars.  New to me, but not underappreciated, per se.  Free off the Freebooksy newsletter.
Review: "Awesome book. Great characters. Interesting premise. Thrilling storyline. Terrific end. What more could anyone want? I loved it."
Note: Available in Audio from Amazon.

49) Moonstruck: Betrayal by Silver James (6/14/20) - Paranormal Romantic Suspense* - 5 stars.  Not new to me, but a new release, so it needs way more appreciation.  Paid full price because it's Silver James.  Duh.
Review: "So much awesome! I read the original books years ago and loved them so much, but this compilation with its extra material is like damn and whoa. It made the whole thing richer and fuller and so full of feels that I inhaled it. And when that... umm, bit... person... got what was coming to her, I cheered. So satisfying. Yay!"

DNFs:

6/16/20 - Free.  UF.  The first sentence was missing a word or needed to be reworded to make sense or something.  I mean, the first sentence, folks.  It's the one a writer spends the most time angsting over and getting just right, right?  I didn't hold out hope for the rest of the book, so I swiped to the end and closed it out. 

6/16/20 - Free.  Cozy Mystery.  Ugh, I really wanted to like this one and I kept reading longer than I should've, but bleh.

6/15/20 - Free.  Paranormal Mystery.  It started out well enough, but then I decided I really didn't like the MC.  Full stop.  Move on.

Currently reading...  A mystery with a paranormal twist.  It's pretty good so far, so expect to hear about it next week.

What did you read last week?

1 comment:

  1. Last week was slow for me. Stuff happened. I'm still 8 books ahead of my GR challenge, and I did finish 1 book late last Saturday but after posting so it counts on this week. Sort of.

    101 - Wolf's Bane (Moon Marked #1) Aimee Easterling: 3 stars, Paranormal/UF (maybe romance coming but not in this book), new-to-me author. It was okay. Sort of different shifter worldbuilding. Heroine is a Japanese kitsune, hero a wolf. Free to listen on Hoopla (library). First in a three-book series and I did grab the 2nd book but stopped after 1 chapter. Just didn't hold my attention.

    100 - Seduction in Death (In Death #13) JD Robb: SciFi Cop mystery/thriller/procedural/romance, 4 stars. Favorite author, favorite series. 'Nuff said.

    99 - Alpha Night (Psy-Changling: Trinity #4, Psy-Changling #19), Nalini Singh: SciFi/Paranormal Romance, 5 stars. Favorite author, favorite series. 'Nuff said.

    Currently listening to The War Priest (Ars Numina #5), Ann Aguirre. I enjoyed the first 4 books. Aguirre has terrific worldbuilding chops. This one just hit my Audible Escape subscription so listening basically for free.

    ReplyDelete