Saturday, February 23, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 2/23/19

Let's see.. how did I do this last week?  Oh, yeah...

Books Obtained: 3 paperbacks from the thrift store - romantic suspense, suspense, and memoir.  (I was hoping to find more hard-boiled crime novels, but it wasn't to be.)

Recently obtained books left to read: MG urban fantasy, 2 mysteries, a SF, a paranormal suspense, a thriller, a paranormal mystery, a suspense, and a romantic suspense.

Books read:

16) Target: Mike Shayne by Brett Halliday (2/19/18) - Hard-boiled Crime - 5 stars.  Not new to me, but probably underappreciated. Unfortunately, this was the last unread Brett Halliday in my collection.  I haz a sad now.
Review: "Another awesome Mike Shayne. And way to go, Lucy! "

15) The Horrendous Imaginings: Theft of Sapphire by Joseph Daniel (2/16/19) - MG Fantasy*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Picked this up last month for free from somewhere on FB.
Review: "Wow. That was awesome. Great characters, great premise, great world-building. A totally different take on genies. I loved all the kids and I can't wait to see what's next for them. So much fun."

DNFs:  No DNFs this week.


Currently reading: that horror novel I picked up last month.  I had hoped to finish reading it Friday, but that didn't happen.  The whole beginning is very action packed and fast paced.  Heart-thumping, non-stop action, in fact.  Which is kinda tiring.  Which means I've been reading it in short spurts.  I made it to like 38% last night when it got a little... I don't know... off, and I set it down.

What did you read last week?  Anything good? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading an erotic romance trilogy by Kristen Ashley. Definitely not your cup of tea but she does tortured/damaged characters wonderfully. Two down, one to go (4.5 and 5 stars respectively). I was about 1/3 into it when I got sick. I was so fuzzy-brained, I couldn't even listen. Feeling better but haven't picked it back up. I finished a couple of contest reads. Can't mention them by name or author but one was awesome, the other mostly...okay. Thems the break with contest books.

    I have a high fantasy about to drop from the library. I'll be listening to it once it hits my library borrow shelf. It might be something you'll like. I'll let you know.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete