Sunday, December 30, 2018

Sunday Update - Week 52

It's the last Update of the year. End of week, end of month, end of year.  Ugh.

Not much went on.  Not much ever goes on in the last week of the year.  Maybe some frantic dashes to get the year wrapped up, but I was pretty on the ball earlier in the month, so no frenzy for me.  Just coasting.

I did have a sale this past week.  It ends tonight at midnight.  Dying Embers, Fertile Ground, and Early Grave all went on sale.  Between the paid ads and the FB group posts, I've had some good movement.  The ads haven't paid for themselves yet, but I expect page reads to take care of that over the next week or so.  Suffice it to say, the sale made this the best December I've had yet for sales.

I've written wrap-up posts for both The Writing Spectacle and Outside the Box for tomorrow.

I only finished one book before the wrap-up and finished another book on Saturday. They were both kind of long. Interesting but not fast reads.

There was, of course, Christmas.  Which was pretty much like any other day here.  Except for the Christmas music/movies and the food.  The London Broil turned out okay.  It was much better as leftovers.  The twice-baked potatoes were awesome.  As was the Black Forest cake.

I made a pork roast on Friday that was to die for.  And Saturday was vat of spaghetti day.  Always a fan favorite.  Today, we eat leftovers.

Plans for the week ahead?  I have some spreadsheet work to do.  And some more wrap-up stuff.  And I really need to sit down and make some goals for 2019 - both personally and professionally.  I know I plan to get back on track with my exercise/activity goal.  Maybe lose some more poundage.

And hey, yesterday, Dying Embers went over 1000 copies sold!   That's over 4 years, but it's still a win.

See ya next week for the first Update of 2019.

What was going on in your life for the last week of 2018?



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting the 1K mark! I don't care how long it takes, still an awesome milestone.

    I thought I'd read my blog roll this morning. Discovered tonight I hadn't so a bit late getting around. Ah well.

    I should do a wrap up for my blog tomorrow. Maybe I'll write one in the morning. Got a case of the flat-line brain today. Too bad I've had that particular "syndrome" for awhile now. I'm hoping flipping to the new year will light a fire under my enthusiasm. Ah yes, ever the eternal optimist. *rolls eyes*

    On that note, I have soup and sandwiches to make for dinner. Later tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on hitting 1000!

    You reminded me about spreadsheets, so I set up the new ones for next year. Yeah! And noticed that my nonfiction outsells my fiction by 12 to 1. Sigh.

    That said, the dressmaking book is hobbling along. Only a bit more than three years left to do!

    ReplyDelete