Sunday, December 9, 2018

Sunday Update - Week 49

Wow, 2019 is rushing up at us fast.  But let's focus on the rest of 2018, shall we?  Best not to poke the sleeping dragon, eh?

I'm still slogging through the final edits for Unequal.  Big ol' bear that it is.  As of yesterday, I have 120 pages left of the pink ink edits to do, then I have to hit a few niggles, then I have to read through it again and format it.  One week left to go before my self-imposed deadline hits.  And I will hit it.  Damn it.

I set up a sale for the SCIU series that will go from the 24th thru the 30th, and advertising for Dying Embers will go out on the 26th.  I went with Bargain Booksy again and I'm trying Book Adrenaline this time, too.  We'll see how it goes.  DE will be 99c, FG and EG will be $1.99.

No marketing planned for Unequal yet.  I'm not entirely sure how to work advertising on a new release - what with it having no reviews yet and junk.  Some places will let you if one of your other books has X number of reviews, but my books don't necessarily meet their numbers.  :shrug:

Worked on the blurb for UEQ.  Still have to set up the Goodreads listing and junk.  

I did a bunch of reading.

Got the Kid's Christmas package in the mail.  Still haven't done Christmas cards.  It's on the schedule for today.  Maybe.

Worked on pay-job spreadsheets for 2019.  Not quite done, but I'm making headway.  I need to finish those and then do my own sales spreadsheets before the end of the year. 

Ugh, I am so not ready for the end of the year.

In other news, we got the leaves raked back into the woods. Plus, I got some woods work done.  Moved some deadfall and pushed a dead cedar over.  Yay. I bought a salt block for the deer, which they are LOVING.  The storm we were supposed to get never happened.  We didn't even get flurries.  I assume this is because we spent all that time getting prepared for the storm.  Meh.

And that's about it for me.  What's new in you world?

2 comments:

  1. My world hasn't changed much. I should be board but I can't get up the energy for that. I wish I had something new to report. I don't. Glad we both missed the weather. Except watching snow fall is a good excuse to do nothing. LOLOL (Like I need one of those...)

    Okay. I should be doing something. Not sure what but...something. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooo! It can't be Sunday already. (grumbles)

    Ditto for Christmas cards. (more grumbles)

    But your progress on Unequal makes me happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete