Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunday Update - Week 22

Here we are at the beginning of another week with week 22 receding away behind us. 

What happened?  Well, let's see...

I finished the pre-editor edits for Sleeping Ugly and got it out to my editor who promised to have it back to me on the 30th.  So there's that.  Umm, what I said about rewriting the ending of SU so it was fully encapsulated?  Yeah, that didn't happen.  Whatever brilliant idea I had escaped me entirely.  So I left it alone.  But I asked my editor to let me know if the end works for her or whether I should do more.  It's still a series.  Can't help that.  Books are what they are sometimes and no amount of massaging or shaping but the lowly author can do anything to change that.

To that end, I started writing SU#2 last night.  I got just under 900 words out before I hit the wall of 'what the hell is this book going to be about?' I have until the 30th to figure that out and write the damn book, so welcome to the June version of NaNoWriMo for me.  Whoopee.

I keep having my brain giving me the first scene in a 4th SCIU book when I'm trying to sleep.  Go away, book, I've got other things on my plate.

In other news, I've been reading pretty steadily.  I read a really fun SF and a different kind of suspense - both by British authors.  With the SF, I immediately bought the second book in the series.  I already had downloaded the second book in the suspense series before I read the first (they were both free.)  Right now, I'm reading a horror novel by... yup... another Brit.  Not sure how the British invaded my Kindle, but I'm going with it.  So far, so fun.

My gardens are growing right along.  The lily count is now at 4 blooming - 3 pinks and a yellow.  The 5th one of that variety had all its buds die.  =o(  The other 5 are a different variety and haven't started budding yet.  We started planning the retaining wall behind the cedar garden bed.  If we do it they way I want to, it'll be around $100 and mean finding a way to cart 60 11" landscaping blocks.  If we do it Hubs' way, it'll be around $60 and carting 13 18" landscaping blocks.  (His are way thicker, so we'll only need one high, while with mine we'll need 3 high.)  We'll see what ends up happening.  I suspect we'll go Hubs' way.  It won't be as pretty, but it'll to the job and be easier on the budget.  Oh, and my pink hydrangea should arrive tomorrow. 

On the exercise front, I did 6 out of 7 days again with 4 out of the 6 being actual exercise days and the other two just active.  The non-exercise day was errand running.  Last I checked, I'd lost another 2/10ths of a pound, so I'm at 191 even.  I'm looking forward to seeing that zero after the nine, even if it has some tenths after the decimal.

Well, that seems like it for me today.  What's happening in your world?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your flowers! Photos, please. I'll enjoy them vicariously - none of mine are blooming. :-(
    But I'm still hopeful the crape myrtles will step up.

    I got a few pages more into SR when I realized DWL is sitting there, almost ready to go out. Now I'm doing one more typo / clarity run, and plan to get it up this week.

    The new PC is driving me nuts. It doesn't have a serial port, so it won't talk to this (very ancient) monitor. So I broke down and ordered a new-to-me, refurbished monitor. It came with a serial cable!!! No Support on weekends, of course. I emailed them, hoping they'll send me a workable cable. If not, I'm off to Best Buy on Tuesday. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...there's a world?

    I'm hiding. 'Nuff said. ;) Sounds like you had a good week, though.

    ReplyDelete