Thursday, April 5, 2018

Thursday This n That

Something I ate last night has me on the ropes this morning.  Nothing hugely bad, but I feel like I should be asking if anyone got the license plate number for the truck that ran me over.  At this point, I'm blaming the salad dressing because it's the only thing I ate that Hubs did not eat.  I tried this new Greek dressing.  Hubs had his standby Catalina.  He's fine and I'm not.  Oh well, better me than him. 

I so totally do not have time for this. 

I saw someone lamenting this morning about the negativity on social media dragging her down.  I agree, it can totally shit out your day.  I suggest she add some positive things to her feed - puppy and kitty adoption success stories, gardening pages with pretty flowers, art sites.  And I advised that she limit her Twitter.  No matter how hard I try, it's almost impossible to find enough positive things on there to balance all the negative.  Bleh.  And yes, find more things to do in the real world.  Spring's a comin', folks.  Take some time to see the burgeoning beauty of it.  And listen to the birds out there singing their love songs.  We have turkeys gobbling theirs this morning.  It's not a pretty song, but it's a love song nonetheless. 

Ah, finding the positive.  It's hard to do when you feel like doodle.  But there's a cardinal singing right there.  I love cardinals.  Did you know they don't have cardinals out west?  I didn't hear a single cardinal the whole time I lived in Utah or Colorado, which made me sad.  I couldn't wait to watch the Masters golf tournament because there were always cardinals in the background.  Now that we're here in MO, we have cardinals again.  Yay! 

And roadrunners, which kind of sound like a sad puppy when they sing their love song. 

Okay, I am feeling better now than when I woke up, so this thing is passing.  I hope.  And I should get going with my day.  I spent 5 hours yesterday on spreadsheet work.  Today should be about the same.  Luckily, spreadsheet stuff can be done sitting right here with minimal activity.  Just my speed right about now.

Have an awesome day, folks, and find something positive out there in the world.  K?

1 comment:

  1. There are times I feel bad for not checking in with folks on my FB timeline but I know if I did, I'd end up blocking over half of them. Present company not included. There's not enough duct tape in the world to fix some of that stupid. And Twitter makes me want to throw my keyboard across the room. So positivity! I'm all over that!!!!

    I have a new book flying out into the world. I enjoyed the characters and hope my readers like them too.

    The sun is shining and the cardinals, sparrows, chickadees, and doves are out there flitting around the squirrels for feed. Oh, and that loud-mouthed Carolina Wren. Dang but that's the noisiest bird ever! Still, it's a happy sound.

    The Cardinals home opener is tonight. Yay, baseball!

    The redbuds are blooming. I should have tulips soon. And bluebells.

    And now it's time to go back to work. Which beats not working, right? Right!

    Smile. It'll drive your enemies nuts trying to figure out what you're up to. ;)

    ReplyDelete