Saturday, November 25, 2017

Saturday Fishing Report - 11/25/17

Hello again and welcome to the Saturday Fishing Report.

Well, it's a report.  Not much to report, though.  I went out twice last week.  Caught doodley-squat.  Unless you count a little green sunfish - one each time.  They're little fighters and they're super pretty, but neither of them was big enough to eat.

I tried a whole bunch of different lures, as well as my stand-by worms.  I did different retrieve rates.  I jiggled.  I shimmied.  I set the worm at all different depths.  Nada.  And I could SEE the fish jumping, so I know they're in there.  :shrug:

From the other local fishing reports, I'm not the only one having a rough time finding fish.  Oh, sure, they're catching more than I am, but they're in boats and can fish at depths I don't have access to.  And they're still not catching the fish one would typically find at this time of year. 

I am enjoying the lovely weather, though.  Except for the wind.  The wind is a bit nasty.  It almost took my hat yesterday, but I caught it before it went in the lake.  I might've gone in after it.  I love that hat and I don't think I could find another one like it after all these years.

Well, here's hoping the fishing is better next week.  I'm not holding my breath, though. 

Have an awesome week, whatever you're doing.  See ya next time.  =o)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the no fish. But the weather has been awesome--well, on the days when the wind wasn't gusting like 100 mph. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration but not much. We often have days of sustained winds of 25-30 with gusts in the 40s and 50s. It's that whole "sweeping down the plains" thing.

    Here's to better fishing!

    ReplyDelete