Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 22

Another week gone by and a new week begun.  A new month, too.  Woohoo.

I'm still not talking about writing or editing.  Suffice it to say, things are being done.  Not a lot of things, so don't get excited.  =oX

Reading, on the other hand...  I finished two books last week.  Both of them pretty large and in charge, heavy-duty stuff that needed word for word attention.  Pretty good stuff.  I haven't started anything new at the time of writing this (Saturday night).

Hubs and I spent some quality time weeding.  He did the driveway and I did the gardens.  Next up, the gravel border around the house and under the deck.  Big fun.  Hubs also mowed most of the lawn, but he had to quit two-thirds of the way through.  (We have a honker of a big yard.)  Good thing he did, too, because shortly after he stopped, it poured rain.

Fishing has pretty much sucked lately, but a bad day fishing is better than the best day sitting around the house, so it's all good.

I started watching American Sniper for the first time last night.  Yeah, I know how it ends.  I have the general gist of the story.  The first half was damn good, but I was getting too pissed to watch more and like I said, I know how it ends - some stupid fucker murders him here at home. 

:deep breath:

Like I said, it rained yesterday afternoon.  A slow, steady rain that lasted about an hour.  Afterward, the sun came out and it was slanting through the trees, making the rain drops on the needs of our cedars look like diamonds. Everything was so sparkly and pretty.  Then a little baby wren flew up into the redbud and was so adorable.  These things... I have to remember these things...

How were things for you last week?

1 comment:

  1. Oops. I hit log out instead of publish. I need more coffee. What I meant to post...

    Here's hoping the fishing gets better, writing stuffs does stuff, and reading stuffs is entertaining.

    Me? I got a book out. Now it's on to other projects!

    ReplyDelete