Thursday, March 16, 2017

Thursday This n That

Every day it gets a little more difficult to not post what I really want to post. 

The weather here has been cold.  Which means no fishing since last Thursday.  I really really hope I can get out today.  My sanity needs to drown worms for a few hours.

The jury's still out on whether the cold snap affected my gardens.  My peonies already had small buds before the snow and cold.  =o\

I really hate Windows 10 and I don't even have it.  But someone I help with computers via the phone does and it really sucks.  I have to google screen shots of things because I tell her where to click and it's not there anymore.  It's over there, or over there, or gone entirely.  But I am NOT going to load that crap on my computer even if having it here makes it easier to support her there.  What I'd really like is for MS to stop 'fixing' things that weren't broken to begin with.  And stop 'idiot-proofing' things so they're damn near impossible to do.  Gah.

I wrote this last night and I was feeling particularly bitchy.  I've been feeling bitchy for days.  And sometimes a gal's just got to let it out.  (Lord knows, Hubs has heard enough.)

On a happier note, I noticed one of our deer is pregnant.  I mean, most of the big does probably are, but this is the first time this year one of them is noticeably pregnant.  She's still carrying up around the ribs - natch, because they don't drop fawns until May - but she's getting wide in the sides.  Yay!

Okay.  Tell me something happy.  Or just give me your this n that. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so frustrated with Win10 and HP at the moment. I spent fairly substantial bucks to upgrade. 10 came with the computer. Everything was fine and then one day, the camera in the monitor stopped working. And it won't update when those updates come out. The camera, not the computer. So I go research and I look at the "fixes" and I think? Seriously? I don't do code. I don't do programming. I'm not an IT/network pro. I'm an older-than-dirt writer in a home office who just wants this shit to work because it's supposed to work. I'm hoping my across-the-street neighbor might be able to help but I have to catch him and I have to be between projects. *sigh*

    As for the other? I just stay away from social media as much as I can. I just end up angry.

    Supposed to be in the 70s today. Here's hoping you can drown worms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed your neighbor can help. I spend untold extra time trying to talk a 76 year old woman through things that used to be simple but are now extremely hard. I don't mind doing it for her, but I want to stab Bill Gates in the eye with a pointy stick.

      Yeah, I haven't seen much of you on FB lately, which is sad because you're one of the few people I know for sure are sane anymore.

      I did go fishing. Hubs caught a couple bluegill. I caught a couple bluegill and a 13" spotted bass. It was gorgeous out. A little windy, but still gorgeous.

      Delete
  2. Happy stuff: The wild roses are blooming. At least, I thought they were roses; the leaves are all wrong. I'm calling them roses anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! That is happy. And who cares if they're not really roses. You enjoy them as roses, and that's all that matters. =o)

      Delete