Yesterday was my birthday. (Yes, I made him marry me the day before my birthday. Best present I ever received. Hands down.) Here's how the day went down...
- Called Mom - because, hey, she gets all the gratitude for bringing me into this world.
- Went thrifting where I picked up 11 books for $1.10. All paperbacks. Mostly old. I think the oldest is a Zane Grey from 1943. I also picked up a Jack London I'd never heard of (not old, but still...), some Don Pendletons, Flowers for Algernon (old paperback that had been rebound to hardcover), Oliver Twist from 1954 in nearly mint... and some others I can't remember right now and I'm too lazy to get up.
- ate lunch
- laid down to take a nap, but couldn't sleep
- went fishing for 5 hours wherein we caught many panfish (4 big keepers) and one rock bass that we weren't sure was big enough so we threw her back.
- took a shower
- cooked the fish that Hubs cleaned and ate them up. Nothing quite like eating fish you caught yourself that had been flopping around only 30 minutes before. Can't get fresher than that unless you eat them raw right where you caught them.
- fell into bed and slept like a rock
It was a lovely day. And I'm paying for it today. 5 hours of sitting on rock ledges, climbing around them like a monkey, casting, reeling, fighting fish, etc. have left me sore. Plus, I have one hell of a sunburn. I also cut my finger with fishing line. My own stupidity. Still awesome, though. Worth every ache. (Yes, dears, I slathered my burn in Aloe Vera and slathered the cut with Neosporin before I went to bed.)
Here I am with the fish:
That's all I have for right now. What have you got?