Sunday, May 20, 2012

Picture Pause - Fly on White Iris


I don't know if you can see it on there, but there's a housefly on the white iris.  I didn't plan it.  Hell, I didn't even know it was there until I downloaded the pics and looked closely.  Without the damn bug, this would be a frame-able shot.  With the bug, it's just a curiosity.

Unlike this shot, where I aimed for the bee. 


I'm not a fan of bugs in general, but I think that one is worth taking a picture of - especially since its color offsets so nicely against the purple flower.  Green bee = pretty.  Housefly = gross.

4 comments:

  1. It's still a gorgeous picture. I have an Iris just like it growing in my garden right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deborah. It is still a beautiful picture =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's kind of cool the one has the fly - an artistic contrast. Beauty and the bug.

    ReplyDelete