I got tagged by Alexia Chamberlain to answer 11 questions about myself. From the looks of this meme, the questions change with each person asking. Below are Alexia's questions for the people she tagged. Visit her blog to see the questions she was asked and her answers.
1. What setting best describes you? A forest in the middle of nowhere. I seem quiet, but if you stick around long enough, there's lots of noise and plenty of interesting things to see. Plus, I'm pretty calm - until a storm blows through. ;o)
2. What was your favorite childhood book? This is a toughy. There were so many. D'Aulaires Book of Greek Myths got checked out from the school library the most. The Mystical Beast by Alison Farthing was one I owned that got read until it was all soft and warm. The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia McKillip had a huge impact on me.
3. Besides reading and writing what are at least two of your favorite pastimes? Besides reading and writing? There are other pastimes?? I kid. Two of my other favorites are birdwatching and photography.
4. What is the coolest/strangest thing you've ever done? Hmmm. Coolest thing would have to be touring inside one of those airplanes that flies into bad weather so I could see all the monitoring equipment and help them solve an electronic part problem. (I think they needed something small like a capacitor or a resistor.)
5. If any character from any book could be your best friend, who would it be? I've always been partial to Eddie Willers from Atlas Shrugged. He was the heroine's best friend and I envied her that.
6. If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do? Sneak up on wildlife and photograph it.
7. What famous person (dead or alive) do you consider a role model for your own aspirations? I don't think I have any famous role models for my aspirations. I take a little bit of inspiration from a lot of different people - famous and not-so famous - but I can't think of any I model myself after.
8. Which Greek or Roman (or other culture's mythological) deity would you be (either who you'd like to be or who you most resemble)? In my formative years when I was reading about Greek myths to the exclusion of almost everything else, I wanted to be Artemis. Of course, that was also the time in my youth when I was roaming the countryside around my home with my trusty canine companion by my side. Nowadays, I'd like to be Hermes, but I'm more like Demeter.
9. Would you like to marry a Vulcan? Don't even get me started on my big huge crush for Spock (from the original series).
10. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories? I make up my own conspiracy theories, so yeah. My daughter just laughs at me, but she also understands that just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you.
11. If you were to reincarnate, what would you like to be? A hawk - preferably a redtail.
Since I don't really like to tag back, I'm just going to leave it up to you to do this one - answering either the questions Alexia asked me, or the ones her friends asked her - if you want to.