I have a lot of things on my desk. Oh, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but as I sat here this morning thinking about what to post, I realized I might have some things here that are unique to me. I'm guessing we all have the usual pens and notepads. The errands notes, the bottle of hand-sanitizer, the pen holder shaped like a stack of books... Oh wait, maybe that last one is only me.
Anyway, I thought I'd dissect my desktop accoutrements and see what's truly odd or what I might have in common with the rest of you. You know, like a treasure hunt...
Let's see. In addition to my typical things, on my desk, I have:
- a daily cartoon calendar (this year it's Maxine)
- a watch I never wear
- a little plastic Eeyore
- a stack of defunct calendar pages I use for scratch paper
- a paperweight commemorating a book discussion group I was in
- the remote for my little stereo
- two ChapSticks
- a coaster with a beach scene and my ever-present coffee mug.
On top of my computer (it's a flat desktop model, not a tower):
- an "All Things Considered" 20th anniversary coffee mug filled with caffeine candies*
- two really huge erasers that say "For BIG Mistakes"
- the aforementioned pen holder that looks like a stack of books
- and the hand-sanitizer, of course
- a metal mesh paper clip holder that has few paperclips in it, but a lot of other stuff (like my step-ometer and a pin that says "Why YES I am a nitcritty bitch")
- miscellaneous papers
How cluttered are you? What's the most unusual thing on your desk?
*Coffee on the Go - "When you don't have time for coffee" (Or I should say for when you need a boost but don't feel like making an entire pot because you're in the zone and don't want to step away from the keyboard.)