Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Random Update

First thing in the morning is a bad time to blog.  I have kittens to wrangle and coffee to drink and I have to smoke out in the sun porch now, so I can't exactly sit here while I'm doing it.  Then I have to get ready for work and whoosh, out the door I go.  Nights ain't all that great either.  I get home from work and I'm a totally toad.  Eat dinner, watch a little TV, maybe read a few pages of someone else's words and then I'm off to bed.  Weekends?  Well, there are errands to run and I spend a lot of time decompressing away from the computer.  Cuz like I sit in front of a computer all day long at work.  So it's not like I'm quitting blogging.  I still want to blog.  I just don't have the energy or the brain power to do it as often as I'd like.

And there ya go.

I haven't been reading much.  I haven't been baking at all.  We won't talk about activity.  And I weigh around 160.

They changed the office hours at work a smidgen, so we're not open until 5:30 now.  Which means I get home a half hour earlier M-Th.  Yay.  

Sawyer has this thing where, right after Hubs cleans the litter box, the dang kitten jumps in and then attacks the litter.  Totally ruins the feng shui in there.  Weirdo.  He's also our soccer star.  And he's obsessed with the ceiling fans.  Finn is our quiet boy, except when he talks to himself.  Walking around the house meowing little meows under his breath. He also likes to play in my hair, which occasionally turns into attacking my hair.  Scalp ouchies.  Bummer.

We've been hearing coyotes a lot lately.  Which does not bode well for the fawns should they arrive early.  Hopefully, the 'yotes will move along before the actual fawning begins.

Well, that's about all I've got time for this morning.  I'll try to remember to stop by on Thursday.




2 comments:

  1. Kittens are important. So are cats. I've started feeding Pete inside because ants have discovered his bowl in the garage. I hate ants. Ugh.

    Yay for a little extra time in the evenings. Hopefully, work will continue to settle down.

    And yeah, I miss seeing you around the intrawebz. Blog when you can. I'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you, too, but I think your priorities are right. We gotta stay sane somehow.

    Churchill used to wait until I cleaned the litterbox, then dash inside and use it immediately.

    Silver, spread a thick circle of food-quality Diatomaceous earth around the bowl. The ants may cross it for a day or two, but after that they go away. I leave it year round, since it doesn't hurt the animals. It even chases off fire ants! I doubt it would work outside because it will wash away in the rain.

    ReplyDelete