Saturday, April 2, 2022

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 4/2/22

 Sorry... woke up late and realized I hadn't set up my post for this morning...  Here goes...

I didn't get any new books this week.  I still have four unread ebooks left and a house full of hardcopies I could read.  Although, I am jones'n to pick up some old paperbacks.  It's an addiction.

Books Read:

17) Rebel Tribe by Ramy Vance / Michael Anderle (3/27/22) - SF*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Free off the ENT newsletter.
Review: "Enthralling story with an interesting and different premise. Plus, I loved the characters. Jaeger and Toner were the stars, of course, but Occy was an unexpected favorite. Great book and loads of fun!"

16) The Redemption Man by James Carver (3/25/22) - Suspense*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Free off the ENT newsletter.
Review: "
Interesting and thrilling suspense with the kind of hard-hitting hero I appreciate. It took a little supernatural bent there toward the end, which I assume is a lead-in for subsequent novels. I didn't expect it, but it was okay. All in all, an enjoyable read. Good guys win, bad guys lose. It's all good."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... The Three Musketeers.  I've never read this classic before, so I figured it was about time.  It's slow going, but it's enjoyable.

What was on your reading list this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm at 36 books on the challenge for for about a day, I was even. Now I'm a book behind again. Ah, well. I finished five books this week, finishing off Shelley Laurenston's Pride series, diving into and finishing her Badger Chronicles series. They're all paranormal romance so I'm going to cheat and just leave title, rating and thoughts.

    36 - Breaking Badger (Honey Badger Chronicles, #4) 4 stars: Honey badger/hyena hybrid and Siberian tiger. She plays basketball, he plays football. Finn's sister is a half-sister of the MacKilligans. Mads is one of Max MacKilligan's best friends. Unlikely pair but that's the fun.

    35 - Badger to the Bone (Honey Badgers Chronicles, #3) 4 stars: Max MacKilligan is the only full-blood badger of the sisters. ZeZé Vargas is a jaguar shifter with no idea of what he is. He's undercover to kidnap her but things go bad. Now she's stuck with him. Good thing they're mates, huh? This is a fun one. His cat-ness is epic.

    34 - In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2) 4 stars. Stevie, many-times-over genius, is the youngest MacKilligan. She's a badger/tiger hybrid. Shen is a giant panda who munchies bamboo all day. He's also a bodyguard. They're cute and watching Stevie overcome all her phobias and mental issues is nice.

    33 - Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1) 4.5 stars: Charlie, the oldest sister is badger/wolf. Berg is a grizzly bear. He's the bodyguard (with his triplet brother and sister) for a musical prodigy from the Pride series. Charlie, falls onto their hotel-room balcony in Milan, shot, naked, and without her glasses. Hilarity ensues thereafter. No. Seriously. I pretty much laughed all the way through. Because...bears! And Charlie bakes when she stresses out. Which is a lot. Good thing her bear neighbors are all happy to eat what she makes. This is probably my favorite in this spin-off.

    32 - Bite Me (Pride, #9) 4 stars: Last in the Pride series. Honey badger Livy Kowalski is an award-winning photographer. Vic Barinov is a hybrid Russian bear/Siberian Tiger who once worked for the CIA and now free-lances with the Llewellyn/Smith security firm. These two are made for each other and this book deftly ties up the loose ends in the series' over-all plot arc. Loved this crazysauce.

    Currently listening to FERAL SINS (also a multi-relisten) by Suzanne Wright. This is the first book in an interwined double series involving the Phoenix and Mercury wolf packs. Some interesting worldbuilding though lots of sexy bits that I now tend to fast-forward through due to the number of relistens. I can play it in the background and then pay attention when I need distracting so it works.

    Happy reading, all!

    ReplyDelete