Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sunday Update - Week 10

Here we are again.  Another Sunday morning in the year 2022.  I don't know about you, but that statement feels like I fell into a SciFi novel.  Sometimes the world feels decidedly dystopian, so maybe we all did.  I know this morning is weird because of the stupid time change.  Don't get me started on the stupidity of that.

I began writing the sequel to S3 this week.  Then I got the last of my beta reader notes back and I started on that because it takes precedence.  Then I got derailed because life overrides other stuff.  I'll finish the beta notes today.  Honest, I will.  Also this week, I got some reader interest in both the SCIU books and the Dennis Haggarty books, and last night my brain was skipping around in those worlds.  Not sure where I'll go from here.  I do know I need to finish this book so I can get it on the market.  I actually sat down yesterday and wrote the song in Song of Storm and Shrouds.  Which may get slipped into the novel and may not.  We'll see.

I looked into the legality of using a pseudonym in the state of Missouri.  It's actually a misdemeanor to use a name other than your own for business purposes here - which I'm pretty sure includes making money selling books under another name than my legal name.  Fortunately, getting a DBA (Doing Business As) only costs $7 and I can do it online.  I'd rather pay the $7 and cover my ass than accidentally commit a crime.  Although, I'm still undecided as to whether I'll actually use a pseudonym or throw caution to the wind and publish this book as B.E. Sanderson.

In reading news, I only finished one book before the wrap-up went live.  I did finish Jane Eyre yesterday, though.  I love that book.  And I have loved it since I first read it back in the '80s.  It's just been ages since I read it last.  I'm one book behind on my reading goal because I didn't read anything last month.  Shouldn't be that hard to catch up.

On the baking front, I did granola bars, pumpkin bread, and pizza.  I also crockpotted up a bunch of roast chicken thighs and made pork PARMESAN-encrusted pork chops.  Yummers.

I only got one active day this week.  And I haven't weighed myself because reasons.

We got another 2-3 inches of snow.  Which blows considering it's March and I'm in the SW of Missouri.  But as of this morning, it's mostly gone.  With it being in the 50s-60s today, the rest of it should disappear shortly.  Lucky for me, I knew it was coming and didn't need to go out in it.

And I think that's it for me this week.  I'm sure other things occurred, but nothing of note, so why bore you?  

Your turn.


2 comments:

  1. Uhm...PORK-encrusted pork chops? Did you wrap them in bacon? 🤣 Blame it on the time change and I know you meant PARMESAN-encrusted. We are living in a dystopian world and the damn DST thing does NOT help!

    Our two inches of snow is all gone. I'm looking foward to the warmer weather this week.

    I started all my "new" writing projects with a great deal of gumption and anticipation. Then my balloon sprang a leak and I'm like...uhm...what? I blame the world.

    I discovered frozen Pillsbury biscuits. You bake them frozen, sides touching and they puff up like homemade and taste homemade and so much fluffier and better than the canned version. I had to laugh at The Bee's headline and pic of the woman in a bomb suit and a can of biscuits on the kitchen counter. Yes, I'm warped.

    I'm 5 books behind my reading challenge. Whatever. My giveadamn is on the fritz at the moment.

    I watched some softball on TV. Yay. And MLB finally got their $h!+ together and spring training geared up this weekend with ST games starting in 2 weeks. I'm sorta sad about the DH coming to the National League but it was inevitable. I have to admit I'm intrigued by their solution to tie games at the All-Star. Oh, and disappointed about double headers and tie-breakers during regular games. Anyway.

    Not much else going on. I need copious amounts of more coffee. I can't decide on revisions or new words after my refill. I need to do both.

    Here's to a better week. I'm not holding my breath but I AM hoping because I'm a cockeyed optimist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for S3 -- it's a great read! -- and for S3-2!

    I need to delete my eBay account. I buy waaaay too much stuff there! It's all for the dressmaking book, but still... I think I'm addicted.

    My mouse is acting up and double clicking everything. I'm NOT ready to blame it on my finger yet.

    It's finally starting to warm up around here. Yay!

    ReplyDelete