Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sunday Update - Week 41

 It's Sunday.  I'm still low on caffeine, but it's loading.  

I finally finished the edit notes.  30 pages worth for roughly 97K words.  So, like a page of notes per 3200 words.  The date at the top of the first page is 7/12.  Three months... but not really 3 whole months because I took all that time off to help a friend.  I plan on starting to input those pages today.  We'll see how that goes.  

After I finished the notes, I got back to reading.  I'm still on that anthology of mystery/suspense stories, but I'm making progress.

In baking news, I made corn bread.  That's because I did a vat of chili and corn bread just sounded yummy.  I also made a batch of scalloped potatoes.

On the activity front, I did active stuff 4 out of 7 days.  Mostly woods work - cutting up limbs and trees and tromping through the woods.  Some weeding.  Weight: 178.2

As to the woods work stuff, we took down the tippy cedar tree last week and Hubs decided he was going to cut it into firewood.  For when we have a woodstove.  That led to cutting up other sizeable deadfall into firewood.  So, while he was sawing, I was dragging because I can't saw well.  At least I couldn't saw the size he's sawing.  Or even the smaller stuff.  Then I stopped at the building supply place and picked up a new bow saw.  Yay, it wasn't me.  It was the saw.  I can saw again.  Best $9 I've spent in a while.  Woohoo.  So, yesterday, I was sawing small stuff while he was sawing big stuff.  We're such the little lumberjacks.  We now have a couple of pallets with firewood stacked on it.  Not quite cords worth, but one has cedar and the other has 'unknown' wood.  (Because most of the time, we don't know which tree the deadfall came from.)

Yesterday, while we were sawing I saw movement out of the corner of my eye.  Two chipmunks were chasing each other all over the pile of deadfall.  So cute.  And yay, Chester's got a friend!

And the bucks are starting to tussle.  We saw Sonny and another young buck racking antlers the other day.  And down in the woods, you can see from the messed up leaf litter where there was a big tussle.  Soon, the rut will begin and then next spring, more babies!  Yay!

Let's see... Oh, I had a monitor problem on Friday.  I was checking out an online map when suddenly the whole screen shifted to a slight shade of blue.  It was legible, but irritating.  I tried several different things to no avail.  Hubs finally talked me into driving down to Wallyworld and buying a new monitor.  It's a 22" monstrosity.  And it's very bright.  As someone on FB pointed out, I can change the brightness.  As soon as I figure out how, I probably will.  Or I'll just get over it.  One other sticking point is that the base is too big to fit on my dictionaries, so it's a tad too low.  I think that's what gave me a neck ache last night.  :shrug:  This too shall pass or I'll figure out a fix.  

I've been torturing myself by looking at dogs and cats again.  I found a puppy I want.  And a kitten.  Still not getting either one and definitely not both, although that would be awesome.  (And a pain in the butt, but still awesome.)

And that's all I have to say about that.  What's up in your world?


2 comments:

  1. Most free-standing monitoers have a "tilt" adjustment. You can angle it up a little which should help the neck, maybe. Yay for edit notes, woods, fire wood, and critters! Oh, and reading. Sounds like you have a productive week.

    I had a week. That about sums it up. The big excitement was the Close Encounter of the Stinky Kind with the skunk. I'm still trying to kill the odor in a couple of rooms. Other than that, not much writing, not much book listening, some baseball and football watching. Boring live. Oh, other than me occasionally catching a news story that made my head explode. I really need like hearing protectors for when I leave my office.

    Here's hoping for a more productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for edits, good monitors, sharp saws, and happy chipmunks!

    Mom's ferals are getting friendly. She's having a great time with them.

    The weather is wonderful. I love Fall!

    ReplyDelete