Saturday, May 1, 2021

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 5/1/21

May Day!  May Day!  Umm... yeah, I always get the urge to do that on May 1st.  Sorry.  Anyway, here's the skinny on my reading week...

No new books this week.

Books Read:

30) Curtains for Three by Rex Stout (4/29/21) - Hard-boiled crime - 5 stars.  Not new to me, but I think these books can never be appreciated enough.  Part of the box lot I received.
Review: "Nero Wolfe is always fun and this is no exception!"

29) Equal is Unfair by Don Watkins and Yaron Brook (4/27/21) - NF - 5 stars.  Not new to me, but not appreciated nearly enough.  Paid full price after an accidental one-click when I was trying to add the hardcopy to my cart.
No Review.  

28) Eye of the Monster by Andre Norton (4/26/21) - SF - 5 stars.  Not new to me but way underappreciated.  I've had this book for years.  I got it when I bought a box of Andre Norton's at a garage sale.  I'm still working my way through them and I hadn't read this before now.
Review: "This is probably my favorite Andre Norton out of all I've read so far."

No DNFs.

Currently reading... A fun SF/F anthology of chicken stories.  Yes, CHICKEN stories.  It's eggcellent so far.  ROFL

What's did you read last week?  Anything fun?

2 comments:

  1. I had a slow week, and am 2 books behind on my challenge. Pretty sure I'll catch back up. Part of it was the two books I listened to were LOOOOONG. One was 25 hours and the other was 21. Anway, was still on the Kristen Ashely kick. Not unknown, not unappreciated. And yes, I went back to pick up the first book because I didn't actually listen to the whole series, just several of my favorites and then decided to grab THE GAMBLE since nothing else begged to be read/listened to.

    63 - The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1), KA - Contemporary Romance/Suspense: 4 stars. The heroine is American but has an English accent because she spent a lot of time in England and currently resides/works there as a soliciter. There's a whole bunch of bad that happens to her but her stalwart hero Max is there to pick up the pieces. I shake me head a lot but she makes me laugh.

    62 - Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain, #6) KA - Contemporary Romance/Suspense: 3 stars. Loved the hero in this one but the heroine grated my nerves quite a bit. I always forget about that because Deck is an awesome dude in his appearances in other books in the series.

    Currently listening to LAIR OF THE LION by Christine Feehan, one of her earlier books. It's a historical gothic paranormal romance. It's crazysauce but sort of fun and I could get it from the library in audio so win. I still have 7 1/2 hours left on it so not sure when I'll finish. After it? Not a clue. Hopefully something will appeal.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny coincidence! I read Eye of the Monster this week, too.

    ReplyDelete