Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sunday Update - Week 48

Well, it was a week.  Holiday weeks always mess me up.

I didn't do much writing this week.  Only about 700 words on a story I had no plans on writing.  But it wouldn't leave me alone.  Unfortunately, this seems to be the song for the week - loads of ideas but no real impetus to keep writing on any of them. Hell, last night I had to get out of bed and write down another idea.  Gah.  Plus, my unpublished books are screaming at me, too.  Silly brain is doing its rendition of short attention span theater.

Starting today, Dying Embers is free for 5 days.  Plus, Fertile Ground and Early Grave are 99c/99p each.  (All of them always free if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription.)  So you can get the whole series for less than $2.  Fingers crossed this'll help end the year end with less of a whimper than the rest of 2020 showed me.

Tuesday is December, so I've been thinking about 2021 and you know what that means... spreadsheets for the new year.  I have my own to do and the pay-job ones to do.  Umm... yay.

Reading was slow last week, but I did finish a cute romance set in Canada and populated with people of Chinese heritage.  I like to mix it up a bit every once in a while.  It was way spicier than I usually like my romances, but you know me, I flip past that stuff anyway.  If you like spicy, and I know at least one reader here who does, you'll probably enjoy it.

In baking news, I made my pumpkin cheesecake.  So much yum.  I also did granola bars.  Hubs made another awesome Thanksgiving turkey.  He's so good at that.  

After Thanksgiving dinner, I took the turkey and broke it down.  Six quart freezer bags of meat and two gallon bags of bones, etc. for soup.  Yaha.  Meals I already paid for?  Oh, yeah, baby.

Other than that, not much went on here.  How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. It was a week. Thanksgiving was here and turned out to be ridiculously easy. Sadly, no leftovers so I'm going to get another Butterball Freezer-to-Oven bird just for LG and me. 😋

    I "won" NaNoWriMo somewhere around the 23rd. I typed The End yesterday afternoon. Edits and proofs. Ugh! 🐱‍💻

    I've come to the conclusion that coffee is my friend. As if that's news. 🙄

    Ha! Just went to get another cup of coffee (because LG is finally up and came in to talk to me) and when my vanilla soy milk finished in the microwave (my lazy-woman's cafe au lait), the clock on the micro read 9:11. Very appropriate because I'm about to hit emergency status on this book. ☕

    That's been my week--writing and Thanksgiving. Here's to a productive week for all of us! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made pumpkin-oatmeal cake yesterday. It was *supposed* to be firm, like soft granola bars, but I didn't have eggs or applesauce for binders. Sooo... yummy cake. LOL!

    I wrote a fair bit on the new dressmaking book, but now I'm way behind on cleaning up the illustrations again. I'll try to stick to that this week. My staying power is pretty weak, too. I'm blaming covid, or fall-turning-into-winter weather! ;-)

    ReplyDelete