Thursday, March 5, 2020

Thursday This n That

The primary here is on Tuesday the 10th.  Woohoo.  We're an open election state, so you don't need to be affiliated to vote.  When you walk into the polling place, you tell them which ballot you want and then go fill it out.  I'll probably go, pick up a ballot, and vote just as a show of support.  I doubt any of the other yahoos will amount to anything.

I don't get political here.  If you've been around long enough, you have probably sussed out where I stand by now. 

Sometimes Kira is such a furry freak.  Occasionally she doesn't want the wet food she's previously enjoyed.  Sometimes if I put kibbles on it, she changes her mind.   This morning, I put a few kibbles on it and she still turned her nose up.  So, I gave her 'magic sprinkles' wherein I rubbed my fingers together over her food as though I was adding something.  Yep, that did the trick.  Yum, magic sprinkles.  Silly cat.

Dang, this coffee tastes good this morning.  Maybe I got magic sprinkles, too.

Yesterday, I started cleaning the protective leaf cover off my gardens.  The silly plants are already coming up through the leaves, so I kind of had to or they'd all end up retarded.  Got the front beds done - uncovering the sedums, the mums, some bugle weed, the peonies, and the columbines.  I also got part of the rose bed done - freeing the daffodils, crocuses, and hyacinths.  One bed down, six more to go.  It's a chore, but I do love my flower beds. 

One of my hyacinths already has a bud cluster.  Yay.  Fingers crossed this year I'll get some flowers on those daffodils.

I love Spring.

How are thing in your part of the world?



2 comments:

  1. It's a good day for magic. 😉

    Dang. I forgot the peonies. I need to water them. It's probably to late. Ah well.

    My wow moment of the week: I kept seeing movement outside my office window. I finally put on the far-seeing glasses and realized there was a hawk perched in the honeysuckle bush looking in at me. Hawks are LG's clan totem. Yay.

    My Live PD wisdom of the week: If you're going to run from the cops, don't wear flipflops.

    Coffee IS magically delicious.

    I'd sotpped watching the news due to politics (blood pressure, people!) but started again due to Nashville and some other stories. Now I'm all PO's again. Stupid people. 'Nuff said.

    I saw a book the other day and thought of you... A LONE WOLF by J.C. Fields. It's $4.99 so not cheap, though free on KU. Here's the blurb. You'll figure out why I thought of you. 😉 Featuring ex-Marine sniper and retired CIA operator, Michael Wolfe.
    Somebody wants Wolfe, and his ex-Mossad girlfriend, Nadia Picard, dead. When an attempt to assassinate them in Barcelona, Spain goes awry, they manage to find their way back to Wolfe’s rustic property in remote southern Missouri unscathed. Not one to hide from a threat, Wolfe aggressively starts using his training and skills to find out who tried to eliminate them in Barcelona, but more importantly—why.

    Okay. Not much else to expound upon. I fried up my 12 pounds of bacon for Saturday (3 volunteers this month so I didn't have so much to fry and no sausage to do--yay!) so Time to settle in for edits and maybe some of my own words before I harness up Jake for a trek to Wallyworld for groceries.

    Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh! I need to try magic sprinkles! Lately Churchill has decided his soft food is too dry, so I add a little warm water. That usually does the trick.

    Today is dad-sitting, tomorrow is a derm appointment for Mom. Yesterday was shopping, Tuesday was vet day. Sooner or later I'll get to stay home. I'm always exhausted when I have to go out. Hermit, here.

    A bunch of shingles blew off in yesterday's storm. Sigh. When it dries out enough to drive on my lawn (no driveway, just grass) I'll try to get my repairman to come out.

    ReplyDelete