Saturday, October 19, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 10/19/19

Not a thrilling week for reading over here.  I mean, the political thriller was pretty good - not Vince Flynn good, but still good - and the cozy paranormal mystery was pretty good.  But I also had a couple DNFs.  You know me, I'm always looking for the next awesome indie read to pass along to you.  Sometimes I find it and sometimes I land a dud.

One new ebook - a mystery - and no new hardcopies.  4 ebooks left from before - mystery, romance, thriller, and paranormal mystery.

Books read:


97) The Vampire Knitting Club by Nancy Warren (10/18/19) - Cozy Paranormal Mystery* - 5 stars. New to me but not underappreciated.  Free off the Book Doggy newsletter. 
Review: "Really cute and fun story with an interesting and different premise. I'm looking forward to the next one.

96) The Assassin by Stephen Coonts (10/15/19) - Political Thriller - 5 stars.  New to me but not underappreciated. 17c at the thrift store.
No Review

DNFs:

10/17/19 - Political Thriller - Free.  The beginning was so full of backstory, I never got to anything thrilling before I got bored with the history lessons and gave up.  It was kind of a prequel, I guess.  Maybe the real series is actually thrilling, but I wouldn't know it by this one.  Seriously not the best way to sell me on the series.

10/17/19 - Paranormal Cozy Mystery.  Free.  The characters all seemed too stupid to live and so unlikable I didn't care if they ended up in the slammer for killing the 'everyone hated her' victim.

Currently reading...  I finished the paranormal mystery last night, so I haven't started another book yet.  

How did your reading week go?

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently on boox 6, "Kaleidoscope," of Kristen Ashley's Colorado Mountain series. Not new, not underappreciated, total chicken soup for me. That means that I listened to books 1 then 3-5 this week. I'd previously listened to book 2 while waiting on book 1 from the library. These are sexy contemporary romances with suspense, major alpha heroes and sweet, cute, and feisty heroines who end up in jeopardy though they don't always gets rescued by the alpha heroes, much to said alpha's consternation. Sometimes, they rescue themselves. Anyway, great narrator and I can get lost for a bit while listening. All of them are 4 stars. Since this is the last book and there's nothing on my horizon--new or shelved--I'm contemplating sticky with KA and either going to her Mystery Man/Chaos series or her Rock Chicks. Or maybe something else will entice me. Just depends and how hard I want to hide from the world. LOL

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete