Saturday, May 4, 2019

Saturday Reading Wrap-up - 5/4/19

Welcome to the first reading wrap-up of May.  I hope this month is as much fun as the last.

Let's see how the week went...

I downloaded one new ebook, but I didn't get any new hardcopies.  So, I'm at 10 unread ebooks right now.  Three SF, four suspense, a romance, an UF, and an epic F.  But hey, only one of those is left from March, so I'm doing okay.  I went through kind of a SF buying spree there for a bit (read two of those this week and I still have three left).

Books read:

37) By Dawn's Early Light by Jason Fuesting (5/3/19) - SF*# - 5 stars.  Snagged this at full price based on the recommendation of someone I know and trust to give me good reads.
Review: "Action packed SF with characters I could really care about and ideas I could get behind. Can't wait to see what's next for Eric and the crew."

36) Flaming Tree by Phyllis A Whitney (5/1/19) - Romantic Suspense - 5 stars.  Picked this hardcover up at St. Vinny's for 50c.
No review. 
Apparently I read this 3 years ago, but as I was reading it this time, I had only a vague feeling I'd read it before - like decades before.  Since it was only three years, the whole thing was a little disconcerting. 

35) Ronin (Col Sec Thriller #1) by Jan Domagala (4/29/19) - SF*# - 5 stars.  New to me and underappreciated.  Picked this up as a freebie after seeing it on the 'Kindle Krazy! Authors Actively Seeking Readers' FB group.
Review: "Interesting story. Thrilling read. Awesome characters. Perfect? Nope. But still a damn fine book."

No DNFs.

I'm currently reading...  Oh, I don't know what's next.  I finished the SF last night, plugged my Kindle in for the night, and watched Live PD.  I was too tired to pick out another book before bed.

And that's about it for me.  What kinds of things did you read last week?  Do you go through genre spurts or do you usually stick to one genre anyway?  

1 comment:

  1. I'm on book 18 of my BDB marathon read. The majority of books have moved from 3 stars to 4 stars. I'm still wending my way through them because...while I don't love them, I've become invested in the characters. Who knew? LOL

    Boring report.

    ReplyDelete