Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Time Off? Piffle.

So, as you may have heard, Sleeping Ugly went live Saturday night.  Sunday I was a total toad.  I couldn't have looked at another fictional word if my life depended on it.  And I proclaimed to Hubs that I was taking a day off. 

To which he replied, "A day?  You should take the next two weeks off."

Which would be lovely, except I can't.  I have a book due to the editor on September 1st and I want to scrub it up a little before I sent it to her.  That's less than two weeks.  Nope, no time for days off right now.

Hell, I took almost the entirely month of June off.  And that was the month I was supposed to be writing the first draft of Ugly and the Beast

Speaking of which, I'm committing to writing that first draft next month.  Kind of a NaNoWriMo in September.  I'll send Unequal off to the editor and get my buns in gear.  I'd be putting out UatB if I hadn't taken June off.  Instead, UEQ is next and UatB will be early next year. 

This is what comes of taking time off, doncha know.  Schedule shuffling and having to bust several humps to get things done that should already be done. 

I took time off.  Now I'm paying the piper for it.  Derp.

So, Sunday was my day off.  And that's okay.  It's not like I work 8 hour days anyway.  Of course, when I'm trying to meet a deadline, an 8 hour day isn't unheard of... :cough: this past Friday :cough:  And working a few hours every day for weeks on end isn't either.  Any time between 5am and 9pm, 7 days a week, I might be found working on something - writing, editing, marketing, accounting...  It's all part of the business.  We writers don't have normal schedules, eh?

What's your schedule like?  (Don't answer that, Silver, LOL. Your schedule makes me tired just thinking about it.)  Do you take 'time off', as in days at a time?  Or do you catch a few hours here and there when you can?

4 comments:

  1. ROFL. Okay. I won't comment. ;)

    You should go fishing. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I wasn't saying 'don't comment'. Just don't outline your schedule because you're so busy all the time. ;o)

      I almost did earlier today, but then I was like meh.

      Delete
  2. By the time I finished Dead Wizard's Loot, I had the next one completely outlined and was raring to get started. No time off for me! :-D

    Schedules, though. I don't even want to think about schedules. Every time I think I have one, something comes up to throw me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I mean, about having the next book raring to go, not about the no time off. I'm just anxious for the next book. ;o)

      I hear that, Deb. :hugs:

      Delete