Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sunday Update - Week 11

I keep having to tell myself that this is, in fact, Sunday.  Some little part of my brain refuses to believe it.  But yeah, it's Sunday and here we are again.

I got some editing done.  Not nearly enough, but some.  I'm about halfway through this round now, and I contacted my editor for an extension because this was supposed to be back in her hands by the 16th.  Derp.  Anyway, I'm trying to get my gumption into gear.  Seriously, I am. 

I've been trying to catch up on some reading, too.  I finished 3 books last week.  DJ Salibury's book Sorcery's Child kicked butt.  Then I read one of Kristen Painter's Nocturne Falls books, Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case which rocked.  Finally, I inhaled a book yesterday that I bought on a whim - by a new to me, underappreciated author (first one of those this year).  Sherlock Holmes and the Cult of Cthulhu was totally enthralling.  Three for three on the good books.  Yay!

I've been playing around with some stuff self-publishing endeavor wise.  You'll learn more about that tomorrow on Outside the Box. 

Fishing finally happened.  Once.  And I caught one fish.  A female spotted bass about 13" long.  Under the limit, but man, was she ever fat n feisty.  Pre-spawn is in gear.  Here's hoping I can get out more this week, but I'm not holding my breath.  I have adulty stuff to do.

Last week, out of the blue, I got contacted by a distant cousin - my great-grandfather's brother's grandson.  He'd read a post I did back in 2012 about my grandparents and decided to touch base.  It's pretty cool.  He's already given me some info and pictures I didn't have.  And I'm returning the favor.  =o)

In the exercising realm, I hit the reset on my goal and I'm back to doing something active every day... Well, almost every day.  I hit 5 out of 7 days last week.  Some of those days I did more than one active thing, so it's all good.  Along the same lines, my diet is getting there.  I managed to get all the way through Walmart without buying ice cream.  I'm slowly weaning myself off Mtn. Dew.  (At home, at least.  I still need it when I drive.  It's a thing.)  We had ocean perch for dinner last night.  It was okay, but I still prefer my fresh caught fish or salmon.  Haven't lost any more weight, but that's okay.  I don't do this to lose weight, I do it to get off my dead ass.

Speaking of which, I should go do something this morning instead of writing blogs and hanging out.  Oh, but before I go, don't forget that Accidental Death is going to be free this week and Natural Causes is going to be on sale for 99c.  If you don't have copies, now would be the time to get them. 

Later days, dudes. 

2 comments:

  1. It is Sunday. The dogs let me sleep until 7:00. The cat? Yeah, no. She was talking and patting beginning at 5 a.m. I managed to stall her by pulling the covers over my head until Cooper put his chin on the bed and stared, breathing on me. The next move would be for him to pat the bed to get my attention. When 150 pounds pats the bed, attention is gotten.

    I'm still trying to figure out how I gained 5+ pounds without changing my eating habits and only adding exercise. Totally sucks.

    Some of my library holds finally dropped into the inbox. Sadly, I can only read for short periods before my eyes burn and water so much the words blur on the page. This also sucks as the books aren't available in audio. I would buy them in audio so the publisher and author will lose out because once I read it, I won't need the audio any longer and the book will go back to the library. Ah well.

    On that thought, I need to do a gofundme or patreon something to get the money to put my self-pubs into audio. Unlike ebooks, audio takes special equipment, talent, editing, and stuff and it does NOT come cheap.

    Okay. While waiting on edits of MONTANA MOON and ANOTHER revision letter on RDR#8, I need to work on something. I have a lot books I want to get out this year and they aren't gonna wait.

    Go fishing. I'd go with you to visit if I was there. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Silver: let's go fishing! (And I don't even fish.)

    So glad you liked Sorcery's Child!!!

    Hooray for the cousin! It's wonderful to get unexpected info that you really want.

    I got a lot of work done on the dressmaking book, but it took me TWO WEEKS to write ten pages in DWL. Ridiculous! And there's only three chapters left to write! But I finally got past the brick wall. Which shouldn't have been there - it was supposed to be a fun-to-write chapter. Now I just need to keep the momentum rolling. Wish me luck! and words. and... whatever...

    ReplyDelete