Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thursday This n That

Ugh.  It's a short month.  I have got to pay bills and do banking today.  Bill collectors do not care that it's a short month and that you have three less days to get the check to them on time. 

It's another coffee with added coffee morning.  You see, I used to drink obscenely strong coffee, but Hubs doesn't like strong coffee, so over the past almost 14 years, I have eased to making coffee more to his liking.  (Sometimes I fail because making coffee when I'm not awake enough to make coffee is a thing.  Then I warn him.)  Some days, though, I need a cup of my old sludge.  So I add instant coffee to my cup of coffee.  This is one of those days.

We had nineteen deer show up for breakfast the other morning. 

I made it to pg 700 in Shogun last night.  It occurs to me that Clavell could've shortened the book considerably by cutting out a bunch of stuff that was unnecessary to the plot, but that's me.  He wanted a grand, sweeping epic of feudal Japan, which meant, for him, including all the deets.  :shrug: 

We had freezing rain last night.  I wonder if the mailman will get here today.  And the garbage dude.  Ah, living in the sticks.

I may have mentioned this before, but I don't like parrots.  I lived with a guy for three years who had an African Grey Timney.  It was a nasty, spoiled, crabass of a bird.  Then again, so was the guy.  Ba dum bump.

It's very quiet here this morning.  Just the sound of me typing and the computers humming.  Hubs and the cat are sleeping on the other side of the house.  All is well.

It's getting to a point where I want to fall to my knees and weep when I find someone competent at their job.  The other day I spent a large portion of my time dealing with incompetence and then I found one competent person.  I told her I loved her.  It just popped out.  All she did was do what I needed her to do.  That's it.  Kind of sad when you think about it.

And on that note...  What's up with you?

1 comment:

  1. Parrots are just...no!

    We had thunder sleet a few minutes ago. The joys of living in Oklahoma. We can have all four seasons in a 24-hour period. It looks like roads are now slush as the temp nears freezing. Supposed to hit 37 before it refreezes tonight. Tomorrow is in the 40's. That's good. We need the moisture, just not the ice that came with it.

    There's not enough coffee in the pot today. Just sayin'.

    It's almost noon and I haven't even looked at my WIP. See the previous statement.

    I fixed chili last night not realizing that today was National Chili Day. I'm just ahead of my time. ;) Today's menu is crockpot pot roast. And I should go put that on now so it has time to slow-cook.

    On that note, I need to get off the net, get dinner prepped, make another cup of coffee and you know, maybe get some new words written. Ta!

    ReplyDelete