Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 38

Well, it's that time again.  Sunday. 

Wish Hits the Fan is out in the world, so I spent some time doing marketing stuff for that.

I got back to writing on Early Grave finally.  Only about 3K more words on it so far, but I think I have the thread picked up again, so it's all good. 

Read two books last week - another Cat Who book and a SF.  I also picked up a couple more free books by new to me authors on Amazon, but I went with a classic instead - The Time Machine by HG Wells.  I can't believe I'd never read it. 

The weather's been too unseasonably hot to go fishing much.  I'm still sticking to places I can get to easily and where I can sit.  That means baking on the rocks and I'm totally not into that.  Plus, the fish are still deep.  Maybe I'll go see if I can drown some worms today.  I need to flush the brain pipes.

The fawns have all lost their spots.  They're like little 'mini-me' versions of the does.  We also saw a buck we hadn't seen.  We're guessing he's a two-year old.  We still have the two yearling bucks - Sym and Oliver.  (Sym because his antlers are symmetrical and Oliver because he was a scrawny orphan.)  They both look good.  We also still have the Sisters - older twin does who travel together.  And we have a scattering of other does.  Haven't seen any of the older bucks yet, but the rut will be starting and they'll stop by to check out the ladies.

Well, that's about it for me.  How was your week?


2 comments:

  1. Hot here, too. Front moving in tomorrow night and then things are supposed to cool off. I'm ready. I sort of found a groove with THE SOUND OF SILENCE (Roman's Penumbra #4 book). I'm a long way from finishing it so I'm pushing through. I finished up a series plus WHTF and not sure what I'm going to read next. Eyes still bothering me so I'd like to get audio versions. Sadly, while my library carries a lot of audio, none of the books I'm considering have made their buy list yet. *makes sad face* Also sadly, my writing inspiration is mostly hitting after dinner time. I was up until midnight last night and man, by the time I got to bed, my feet and ankles were SWOLLEN! *mumblegrrrswearwordsgrrrmumble* That's pretty much been my week. Writing and listening to books. And laundry. I think I did laundry last week. Maybe. LG isn't complaining about no underwear so I must have. LOL Here's to a cooler week and more bites on the hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Wish Hits the Fan! I loved it!

    I'm soooooo ready for cooler weather, too.

    You know, I can't remember what I read this week. Makes me feel old. :-(

    I finished page 247 on 7C, and I got well into the next chapter today. I need to blast through this darn headache tonight because all this week will be grim. Three days of dad-sitting (I may need to invest in a laptop, at this rate; handwriting isn't working for me), one day of taking Mom to the doctor, and worst of all, a full day of SHOPPING. Yuck!!! Why does that take so long? Sigh. Because Mom loves it, and she's having too much fun on the store's riding wheelchair. I hope her knee heals up soon!

    ReplyDelete