Tuesday, August 1, 2017

It's August?

I'm really not quite sure where July went.  It seems like just yesterday I was bitching about the fireworks.  (Wait, that was yesterday.  They're still shooting them off here.) 

Anyway, I think I lost July because I was so focused on getting Sleepy Ugly done by the 31st.  I missed that deadline by probably a couple days.  It's all good, though.  I got the edits back from JC and from her edit notes, it sounds like Wish Hits the Fan was pretty clean.  We'll see when I dive in today.  I've decided to try finishing the first draft of SU while I'm working on edits for WHTF.  It might be crazypants, but it's not like I haven't done this before.  I can do it again.  Sure, I'm older and a little more scattered...

I remember July being hot.  I spent a lot more time indoors than out.  All my gardens need to be weeded bad.  It's hard to see the actual wanted plants between all the unwanted ones.  :shrug:  Better Homes and Gardens will not be visiting my place any time soon.  Like ever.

But July is gone.  Time to look ahead. 

I have to get the edits back to JC on the 14th.  I need to finish writing SU - sometime this week, I'm really close.  I need to think about some kind of marketing plan for the end of the month so people will be excited about WHTF.  The Kid's turning 24 this month.  I'll be getting the finished cover for WHTF and setting up a Goodreads page. 

Busy busy.  Don't talk to me about September.  Not yet.

How was your July?  How's August looking for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment