Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 28

Okay, so I messed up last week and it said Week 47 and no one noticed, including me.  It's fixed now.  Week 27 there, Week 28 here.  Yay.

So, for the past week...

I didn't know what the hell I was going to write as of my post on Thursday.  As usual, I no sooner say something like that and I resolved it.  That night, I went back to a book I'd started in 2013, read the 51 pages I'd written and got to work.  Wrote 3 more pages on it before I figured out something - I had taken a wrong turn at about pg 45.  I gave myself a good talking to and brainstormed with myself for a while.  Then I deleted back to pg 45 and started forward again on a better path.  As of last night I'm up to pg 61 and 16699 words.  It's all good, baby.  (And I didn't really delete those pages.  Snipped and in a file.  I rarely delete anything substantial.)

What book was it?  Oh, that.  Sleeping Ugly.  It's about a gal on the rise toward becoming a supermodel when she does something that gets her cursed.  Every morning she wakes up ugly.  She gets prettier over the course of the day, but midnight hits and BAM - ugly.  Then the one night stand she was with that night shows up, and he's cursed, too.  Yep, ugly - from sunset to sunrise.  Together they have to figure out who cursed them and why and how to get rid of the curse.  Which would be hard enough by itself except the police are looking at her as a suspect in the disappearance of her estranged brother.

I'm pretty excited.

I haven't really done much else this past week.  Fished some.  Did some yard work.  Watered the gardens.  Shopped for groceries.

I finished the anthology I was working on - Masterpieces of Mystery and Suspense.  It had some really good stories in it.  And some dogs that I didn't finish reading.  And one or two meh pieces I read all the way through but meh.  Up next?  No clue.  I'm writing again, so that takes precedence.

Oh, and I got copies of Natural Causes.  They look awesome.  I should be announcing a contest for one of those soon.  Speaking of contests, you can enter to win a free copy of Up Wish Creek thru Goodreads starting tomorrow.  It'll be open until the end of the month, so you have plenty of time.

That's about it for me today.  What's up in your world.

2 comments:

  1. Week numbers? All I know is that this is July-almost-August. I'm behind on three deadlines. I leave for Orlando a week from tomorrow and likely won't write much the week I'm gone, even though I need to! *flail*

    Yay for SLEEPING UGLY! I remember when you started it.

    Yay for Goodreads giveaway. Nudge me and I'll post it about. If you have a link, shoot it my way and I'll get it in my Monday follow-up. :)

    Okay. Almost nine. I have many words to write today. I also have to hit Wallyworld. Ugh. Oh, and I should go shopping for clothes to take to Orlando. Double ugh.

    Shutting down the internet now. Maybe... *looks shifty-eyed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the premise of Sleeping Ugly!!! (It's worth extra exclamation points. :) ) Can't wait to see more!

    I'm up to page 117 on 7C. Not exactly rolling, but I'll take it. I want to get writing, but I have a big pattern order to finish folding and pack. If I get my rear in gear, I'll get back to Viper's woes sooner.

    Echoing Silver's last line...

    ReplyDelete