Sunday, May 21, 2017

Sunday Update - Week 20

I'm pretty sure it's Week 20, so I'm going with it.

I have been a total slug, but here's what last week looked like...

I decided I'm not going to talk about writing for a while - at least until I pull my head out of my exit orifice.  Not sure how I'll manage marketing if I'm not talking about writing, but it doesn't really matter because my marketing efforts haven't been working anyway. 

I read a lot.  I only finished two books, so it might not look like a lot, but one of those was a historical novel, so that took many hours.  And I'm most of the way through a chunky crime novel now.  A Mickey Spillane, which I usually inhale, but this one is a little outside my comfort zone.  And a little disappointing really.  It feels almost like the editors in 1972 told Mickey to sex it up and he complied in a way that made it all so very nasty and crass.  Perhaps a passive-aggressive attempt to tell the editorial board to fuck off.  But the story is still pretty good, so I'm cringing through the nasty to get to the actual Spillane awesome.  Still, I'm thinking this book is only going to get 3 stars.  =o\

Fishing has been spotty because the weather is heating up and the sun's been out, which I think is bringing other people out to the very limited places to fish.  I like to fish alone, tyvm.  Then we had storms that dumped about 2.5 inches of rain.  Now the lake, which was slowly going down, is going back up again.  Bleh.

I had a nice, quiet birthiversary.  Ate lots of cake and ice cream.  And I'm officially 47 now.  (Usually after New Years Day, I start shifting my age in my head. so I've been thinking of myself as 47 for months now.)

Well, I think that's about it for me this week.  How was your Week 20?  Anything good on the horizon for Week 21?


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good birthday! Like you, I start counting on the next birthday soon after my last birthday. Unfortunately, I will NOT be 47 next year. :D

    We finally got the rain the weather people have been promising so I am vegging out today. Snacks, dvds, and cocooning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At my age, I'm lucky to remember my birthday much less how old I actually am.

    Here's to cool but sunny weather, more fishing spots opening up, and much reading. I'm trying to think of what I've read recently that might appeal to you...nothing comes to mind that I haven't already mentioned to you. If I see something, I'll tag you. :)

    Hang in there. **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete