Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thursday This and That

My head's been totally up my editing lately.  But I'm gettin' 'er done. But, man, try to explain to people out there in the world why you are the way you are and they look at you like you're batshit crazy.  "Edit brain?"  Yes, I have edit brain.  It means I'm so focused on editing words that I'm not quite in touch with reality right now.  Leave a message.  ;o)

The Kid turns 23 next week.  Part of my brain still maintains I am not old enough to have a 23-yr-old child. 

The bird of the day on my calendar is something called a red-legged honeycreeper.  Weird bird.

I was at the bank yesterday.  Spent a good half-hour talking to the gals.  Then I went to the post office and chatted with the gal there.  That's pretty much my big in-person socialization.  It'll happen again the next time I'm at the bank (couple weeks or so) or the post office (once a week).  Not every time, but it works for me.

We had steak and brats for dinner last night.  That's it - steak with a side of brats.  Hubs grills one steak and two brats.  We each get half of the steak and a bratwurst of our very own.  With mustard for dipping.  Yum.  The steak is usually something called a 'Front End' - like a New York Strip but cheaper and, I think, tastier.  The brats are Johnsonville Beer Brats or regular brats that I have beered. 

O'Doul's non-alcoholic beer is a pretty good liquid for cooking bratwursts.

I finally used up the last of the zucchini my neighbor brought over.  Four loaves of zucchini bread.  Three for us and one for my friend at the bank. 

What's the this n that skinny for you today?


3 comments:

  1. I saw a recipe for zucchini tater tots and thought of you. I looked at it and thought, "Dude, waaaaay too much trouble!" So I didn't send it.

    I'm launching into edit brain so I have all the feelz for you.

    I like beer brats. I like Johnsonville All Beef Brats. I should beer those. Good idea! Plus, steak and brats sounds like a full meal to me. Just sayin'...

    My kid turns...the big 3-0. How the hell did that happen?!?! And Lawyer Guy and I celebrate 33 on Saturday. Maybe I'll drink that beer instead of soaking brats in it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on reaching 33 - major achievement.

      Delete
  2. It's been a very busy work week - beginning of the month etc.

    Home wise, it's been a bit dull but OK. I'm listening to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series while doing hand sewing in the evenings. Love Stephanie, she cracks me up and a good laugh always makes me feel better.

    I'm away next weekend at the NEC in Birmingham for the Festival of Quilts with a bud, then popping up to see other buds in Manchester. Really looking forward to a couple of days away.

    That's about it - sorry to be so boring!

    ReplyDelete