Thursday, June 9, 2016

Thursday This n That

I don't understand the whole Keurig thing.  It only makes one cup of coffee at a time, right?  I need a whole pot.  And what happens when you've made your one cup, but get distracted and only end up drinking half before it gets cold?  Do you dump the neglected half so you can make a new cup?  I am unable to waste coffee that way.  With a whole pot, you can top that sucker off and keep drinking. 

Today's bird on my 'bird a day' calendar is the American Robin. Totally cool.  I love those.  But I'm a little confuzed about why they would have a picture of one sitting in a blooming cherry tree on June 9th.  Should've been for an earlier Spring date, imo. 

Yes, I spelled confused wrong.  I did it on purpose.

I live in an area with a lot of man-made lakes.  When man makes a lake from a river that has spent centuries cutting its way through the mountains, you end up with a lot of cliffs and rock formations.  Hence, the name Table Rock Lake.  Anyway, a popular activity for young people around here (according to a recent news report) is jumping from these cliffs into the waters below.  In the past couple weeks at least three people have died or been injured engaging in this 'popular activity'.  One teenage girl jumped and missed the water, breaking her legs.  Yep, sounds like big fun to me.  Additionally, there's been a rash of people walking along the edges of these cliffs and falling off.  I know it's lovely out there and the already- amazing views can get more amazing the closer you get to the edge, but let's pay attention to where we're putting our feet.  M'kay? 

Watch, now that I've said that, I'll fall off the cliffs where we fish.  Lucky for me, though, where we fish is at most 5-6 feet up from the water and the water is deep there and I can swim.  I can't go on the taller cliffs.  I get vertigo.  Plus, fishing up that high is problematic for actually getting the fish up to you so you can take the hook out of its little mouth.

I'm debating on whether to go to the store today or wait until tomorrow.  I don't care either way, but we are almost out of milk.  Hubs does like his cereal in the morning. 

What's on your this-n-that radar today?  Do you like cereal?  Have you ever been cliff-diving?  What's the airspeed velocity of a unladen swallow?


3 comments:

  1. Keurig is for people who aren't true coffee drinkers, imho. They're probably the same people who order the sludge at Starbucks and fill with flavored syrups AND whipped cream And chocolate chips and call it "a cup of coffee".

    I get vertigo too, so no cliff diving for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby is the only coffee drinker in the house, but he seems to get two cups from that gadget.

    I hated buying it for him but it's kept peace in the family. I don't have to smell coffee all day and he still gets his morning joe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean? African or European swallow?

    JB is right about the Keurig. I'd go broke making my coffee one cup at a time. But...I admit a fondness for the 'bucks venti mocha frappucino light---coffee/chocolate milk/ice slush, no whipped cream. ;)

    I've rappelled, jumped out of planes, and dangled off the side of a building. Vertigo is not an issue. Stupid people who don't stop to think? Yeah...issues galore, especially since first responders are put at risk to rescue their dumb asses.

    This--I woke up at midnight realizing I had a huge glaring plot hole. I was awakened by my Muse at 5 am with the solution. It's not fixed and I'm moving on.

    That--writing in bed today. Wicked leg cramps from spending 12 hours a day at my desk. Now the carpal tunnel has kicked in because of the tight keyboard on the laptop. :-P

    Break time over. More coffee then more words.

    ReplyDelete