Saturday, December 20, 2014

Crabmeat Crescent Puffs

I mentioned earlier on Facebook that I was making Crabmeat Crescent Puffs for dinner, and that I'd post the recipe if they turned out good.  They were awesome, but the recipe seemed too long for a FB status, so I thought I'd throw it out here (the blog updates to FB anyway) and now all of you can try it, too.  It's really pretty yummy.


Crabmeat Crescent Puffs
1 6oz can crabmeat
1 8os pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded colby/jack cheese
1 tsp chives
dash pepper
dash onion powder
1 rolls refrigerator crescent rolls
Additional shredded cheese for topping

Drain all the liquid from the crabmeat.  Put brick of cream cheese and crabmeat into microwave safe bowl and nuke for 60 seconds.  Stir until smooth.  Stir in shredded cheese until well combined.  Stir in seasonings (use my measurements or add to your taste).  Unroll crescent rolls.  Using a rounded spoonful, place crab-cheese mixture on wide end of each roll, roll the roll - crimping at the seams, until the mixture is enveloped by the crescent dough.  Place all 8 rolls on a baking sheet lined with foil.  Sprinkle each with additional shredded cheese to your taste.  (Might have to pat it on to keep it from falling off.)  You will have more filling that will fit in the rolls.  (Frankly, I filled mine too full, but hey, I'm a glutton.)  The extra filling tastes great on crackers... or probably on a roll. Hey, there's lunch tomorrow!  Should feed four for dinner*.  There are two of us and we had two each.  Leftovers!

Next time I'm going to use lump crab instead of shredded.  I guess you could also use imitation crab if you have that handy instead. 


Personally, we're not spicy people, so this recipe might be a bit bland - which is why I said 'to taste'.  You can probably also use different seasonings depending on your tastes.  Might be good with garlic powder, chili powder, etc.  Spice it up a bit if you like.  Just make sure you have crackers nearby for frequent tastings until you get the filling just right.  (No one has to know how much filling you ate beforehand.) 


*This was supposed to be an appetizer recipe, but like I said, I'm a glutton - especially when cheese and crab is involved.  If you make them smaller, and use 2 cans of rolls, you should have 16 appetizers for guests and stuff.  (We never have guests, so these are all mine!  Bwa ha ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment