Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Update - Week 46

It was a busy week here at Sandersonville.  And I still don't feel like I got anything done.

Only rewrote 11303 words this week.  Call it the mid-NaNo slump.  Call it the blahs.  I'm still ahead of the curve for reaching 50K this month, but I'm a little behind the curve of my personal goal of 60K this month - or a 2K a day average.  But I have written at least some words every day for 15 days straight, so I'm not complaining.  (Not too much.)

I finished reading 4 more books this past week and as of last night, I'm caught up with the goal of 100 this year. 

In other writerly news, the kick off of my revamped business blog - B.E.'s Writerly Space - went kinda okay.  I'd still like to see some new followers enjoy the fun, though, so the contest is still open and ready for you to follow along (and get entries).  Tell ya what, bring a friend and I'll give you an extra entry - just have them email me after they follow and tell me that you sent them, and I'll give you both an extra entry.  Just cuz.

In life news, we raked leaves.  Oh, they're still out there in a big long pile stretching thru the middle third of my yard, but they're on their way into the woods.  If it hadn't been sleeting, we probably could've gotten more done yesterday.  But it was, and sleet stings, so we stopped for the day.  We'll resume Monday or something after the snow they're predicting for today melts.

Also this week, we had a minor veterinary thing.  Max started developing an abscess under his chin, so off he went to the vet for a day, where they fixed his booboo, gave him steroids, and gave me a bottle of oral antibiotics to administer to Mr. Max for 7 days.  Max is cool with it - except when he tries to push me away with his claws.  Only one small scratch so far, so I'm chalking this in the win column so far.

Other than that, it's freakin' cold in SW MO, but probably less so than a lot of you have to deal with, so I'll save my whining for my southern friends.  (You know who you are.)  ;o)

How are things in your world lately?

7 comments:

  1. We're finally getting some of that precip. Mostly freezing mist and/or light snow. We plan to stay in where it's warm for the duration. I have not quite 18K words on NaNo. So I'm about 9K behind schedule. I hope to get 4-5K written today. Maybe. If people will go away and leave me alone. I'm about to turn off my cell so I can't get texts. And close my browser so emails don't catch my attention. But...blogging first. I was in the groove getting 500 words in less than an hour and then...PEOPLE! Grrrr. Anyway, back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eww, Silver, freezing mist. I hope you stayed in and stayed warm. I also hope you got those 4K words written yesterday. People can be kinda distracting sometimes... and cats... and the internets...

      Delete
  2. Cold here in my world. Starting to gain some momentum writing wise after a long lull and trying to get back in the blogging groove as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Sorry to hear you're cold, too. Bleh. Yay for gaining momentum and getting back in the groove! I hope to see you around more often again.

      Delete
  3. Cold here, too. February-type weather, but much warmer than the Northern folk, so I'm trying not to complain. ;-)

    Poor Max! He's had so much trouble. I'm glad he's patient about it, notwithstanding accidental scratches.

    I'm still working on EBLS v2. The 1850s book is hovering in the wings, not forgotten, but not getting the attention it deserves. Though I blew my budget and ordered an 1852 Peterson's a few minutes ago... I *really* need to stay off eBay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Deb, we are warmer than the north folks here, too. Well, except for when the polar thing first hit and it was colder here than the Kid had it in Michigan.

      Yeah, Max is very laid back. Thank goodness.

      Yay for forging ahead! You can do this! And I hear you on blowing the budget at ebay. That's why I never got an account there. I'd be buying things left and right. ;o)

      Delete
  4. It's even cold by me. One more day of this and then we're back to the 60s. We generally don't get really cold here until January and February.

    Hard on me only because I have to carry buckets of warm water to all the animals.

    ReplyDelete