Friday, April 19, 2013

Working on It

Previously on The Writing Spectacle, you watched while our intrepid writer moved a third of the way across the country.  More recently, you got to see the spectacle of moving in and living sans appliances and hot water.

Over the past couple days, though, we've gotten the appliances and the majority of the furniture.  Everything isn't exactly what we want it to be yet, but we're working on it.  (And if the place wasn't such a disaster area, I'd post pics.)  Last night we got to take hot showers for the first time in two weeks.  Right now, the Hubs is doing laundry in our brand new agitator-less washer.  I've got a load of dishes going in our super-quiet dishwasher.  Today, I'm hoping we'll be able to get groceries so the fridge will be full and I can cook dinner on the new stove.

It ain't perfect, but it's beginning to feel like home.

Kinda like writing a book, I guess.  This would be like the 3rd draft stage - where you're loving it, but it still needs work.  ;o)

What are you working on lately?

And just so you don't walk away with nothing today, here's a pic...


I think they're apple blossoms... or maybe cherry.  Not on our property, but just down the road.  Ah, Spring.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! And yay for hot showers, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next you get to focus on the all the little details of getting things just right. So exciting. Have a great time settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nat! And yeah... YAY

    Yep, Karyn! All the little details, like putting up our artworks (okay, so they're posters and prints, but still...). It'll be home soon. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mention my love of hot showers in my bio, so I get where you're coming from, lol.

    Enjoy settling in!

    I'm working on a new Hitwoman book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear I would have gone to the truck stop or something to get hot showers. I can't stand cold water! LOL

    So glad things are coming together. I hate living out of boxes and suitcases without the comforts of "home."

    ReplyDelete